Cuvee Coffee Meritage Espresso Blend - Page 5

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
portamento

#41: Post by portamento »

Hey Jason,

Enjoying the updates on what parameters are working for you. Will definitely consult your log when I order these beans.

Ryan
Ryan

jasonmolinari

#42: Post by jasonmolinari »

Just had a cappuccino with the meritage. Pulled at my preferred 16g, 201, 1.75oz...milk added. Very good. Strong cherry flavors come out. I like this blend. I'll definitely add it to my rotation.

DigMe

#43: Post by DigMe »

This weekend I realized that I had overestimated the amount of my remaining green stock and I needed to buy some coffee before I left Austin. I stopped by Whole Foods so I could support their decision to carry Cuvee! I bought a bag of meritage but unfortunately the freshest they had was roasted on 2/6..over three weeks ago. I guess that's the drawback to supermarket coffee stocking. Either way I needed coffee and it's better than Starbuck's. Looking forward to trying it out. I just popped into this thread to read through what everyone has been dosing it at.

Dan Streetman

#44: Post by Dan Streetman »

Brad,

did you see us at Whole Foods on Saturday?! we were there from 11am-3pm serving up French presses, and Clancy was passing out cappuccino's. It was a blast!

Jason,

glad you continued to enjoy the espresso! Mike thinks that the small milk drinks are where that coffee really shines, although it is my measuring stick for straight espresso because it was my introduction to the genre.
Dan Streetman
Cuvee Coffee
Austin, TX

DigMe

#45: Post by DigMe »

Oh man!! No way, Dan!! I can't believe I missed you. Where in the store were you? It was kind of hectic for me. I had my 19-month-old and I was carrying him through the store and he was tired and hungry and I was just trying to find the coffee and go. We went to bathroom, then coffee then out. I'm bummed that I missed it because I was there around 2:00ish I think.

brad

DigMe

#46: Post by DigMe »

I haven't gotten the described berry flavors yet but I've only pulled it for two days now and I've only had time for one double-shot before work on both days. Yesterday it was a tad too bright but when I added about 2 to 2.5oz of milk it made a great little macchiato or whatever you want to call that drink. Today I loosened up the grind and got the leather (on the more pleasant side rather than on the harsher side). Then I turned that shot into a 4.5oz cappuccino and it was very nice with brown sugar being the dominant flavor. I will continue to loosen the grind tomorrow as I'm still getting less volume than was described by Mike (or was it Dan?) earlier in the thread.

I realize that I may never get the berry flavors with the coffee being over 3 weeks post-roast but I'm enjoying it nonetheless..especially with a little microfoam.

brad

jasonmolinari

#47: Post by jasonmolinari »

The berry flavors i got seemed to go away after about 4 or 5 or 6 days. Still good, but not berry-ish.
or maybe it's just my inconsistency:)

DigMe

#48: Post by DigMe »

Got some chocolates this morning and the shot wasn't bad despite a series of follies (the main one being water tank running empty during the flush) in pulling it as I'm running late and trying to say goodbye to my son and wife as they're walking out the door with son crying while the shot is running. I turned it into another very tasty 4oz cappuccino.

brad

Dan Streetman

#49: Post by Dan Streetman »

Brad,

I think we left right at 2pm, but we were right around the corner from the coffee display. Between it and the BBQ stand. Anyway sorry we missed you!
Dan Streetman
Cuvee Coffee
Austin, TX

portamento

#50: Post by portamento »

Got excellent results from the Medici blend this morning. Kept the grind fairly coarse, dosed into a triple Synesso basket with a couple of settling taps. Fruity nose and clean finish as an americano, sweet and complex in the cappuccino. The Sidamo component screams quality without overshadowing the blend.

It's almost as if they have specifically tweaked this blend to work well with the Super Jolly grinders used at the original Caffe Medici location. My Mazzer Mini has been disappointing me lately but is rocking this blend.

Just in time for my Cimbali Max Hybrid, arriving today. Can't wait to compare; might just have to keep the Mazzer on my bar for blends like this.

- Ryan
Ryan