Convert a Redbird Cappuccino Drinker? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
MB

#11: Post by MB »

I also got tired of fighting the Redbird over roasts, even with dropping the temperature which did help.

Happy Mug Coffee is priced nicely and has a few single origin offerings in their purple labeled bags.

Jackrabbit Coffee is a sponsor of this site and is also priced nicely.
LMWDP #472

drgary
Team HB

#12: Post by drgary »

toolate wrote:thanks everyone. George Howell, Northbound , Saka all seem like good ones to try
Saka is much darker than the Redbird I remember. I like it for a good smooth Neapolitan roast and pull it cooler than most to reduce bitterness and enhance sweetness. Have you tried Nossa Familia Full Cycle as a nice medium roast?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
nameisjoey

#13: Post by nameisjoey »

drgary wrote:Have you tried Nossa Familia Full Cycle as a nice medium roast?
Can confirm this is a fantastic blend!

chanty 77

#14: Post by chanty 77 »

drgary wrote:Saka is much darker than the Redbird I remember. I like it for a good smooth Neapolitan roast and pull it cooler than most to reduce bitterness and enhance sweetness. Have you tried Nossa Familia Full Cycle as a nice medium roast?
Yes, I do really enjoy Full Cycle. One of my rotations with B&W Classic & Traditional.

riley
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by riley »

After years of back and forth with Redbird I tried Nossa Familia Full Cycle. Looks like it is going to be a good Redbird replacement.

drgary
Team HB

#16: Post by drgary »

Nossa Familia is an HB sponsor and offers a 20% discount. Their discount code is hbdealtwenty.

Another local HB sponsor is Compass Coffee, with a 20% discount. I like their Delirium blend as an option to Red Bird. Their discount code is HB20.

These are just two that I'm familiar with and fit this request.

We have other HB sponsors that offer discounts for great coffees if you check the banner ads that cycle through at the top of the page.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

toolate (original poster)

#17: Post by toolate (original poster) »

some great ideas. thanks ALL

Advertisement
spressomon

#18: Post by spressomon »

If a modern comfort type flavor profile is of interest...give the Guatemala Antigua from George Howell a go. Espresso is wonderful and small cappas are delicious too. Too delicate for a big milk latte though.

The flavor/tasting notes are spot on: Chocolate, almond and tangerine. Even though its a lighter style roast, it doesn't carry any citrus zest/acidity, rather a pleasant lingering brightness redolent of, well, tangerine! Very, very enjoyable. So, if you like Full Cycle, you should love this! And, at $16.50/12oz its a relative bargain in today's world of well crafted beans.

https://store.georgehowellcoffee.com/co ... emala.html
No Espresso = Depresso
★ Helpful

Climb14er

#19: Post by Climb14er »

Been drinking Redbird since Jeff's ownership and Helen and the crew have been roasting their Espresso blend very well all these years, save for one time and they took care of it for me. I order Sunday Eve, five pounds are roasted Monday morning, shipped and packed and delivered to Denver, two days later. I break it down to approx twelve ounce Ziplock quart bags, then into gallon freezer bags. I remove a quart bag from the freezer, let it come to room temperature, pour into glass jar, and degass over the next three days. Coffee is ready and the espresso pulls into steamed organic whole milk, a touch of sweetener, makes a... Great latte. Redbird, good folks, fine coffee.

toolate (original poster)

#20: Post by toolate (original poster) replying to Climb14er »

Me too. Unlike many around these parts who seem to think the quality has fallen i dont find that to be true. No burnt taste whatsoever.
But i do like to branch out a bit