Cold coffee drinks

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
greekbarista

#1: Post by greekbarista »

What is your opinion about cold coffees? In Greece they are popular (cold espresso and cold cappuccino)

redbone

#2: Post by redbone »

Notice that cold coffee based drinks do well here is the summer. I recently tried a cold pumpkin flavoured frappuccino. I wasn't bad but to sweet for someone who does not add sugar to their coffee.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Advertisement
Bodka Coffee

#3: Post by Bodka Coffee »

My family likes them. Take any amount of cold brew, (steeped at 1 part coffee to 5 parts water by weight for 12 hours or so) pour in twice as much milk as cold brew, add an ounce of sweetened flavor and enjoy!

greekbarista (original poster)

#4: Post by greekbarista (original poster) »

In greece we don't add milk or many parts of water (starbucks style). Whenever i travel abroad i can't find that kind of coffe. Here is a video tutorial how it is being prepared

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw_rw_HWfR8 (Cold espresso)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYPxRoztmZQ (cold cappuccino)

redbone

#5: Post by redbone »

Paul thanks for the video. It looks like that barista has used that machine once or twice before :lol: and made these cold coffees a few times also prior. :P
Not sure based on the video, was that frothed milk or some sort of whipped cream added to the cold cappuccino ?
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

TheJavaCup77

#6: Post by TheJavaCup77 »

Sprite / Somersby Apple Burst on Espresso (especially light roasted SO's)
Makes a great drink...
You should really try it
It could be as complex or as simple as you want. It's the choice of the barista.

#7: Post by greekbarista (original poster) »

redbone wrote:Paul thanks for the video. It looks like that barista has used that machine once or twice before :lol: and made these cold coffees a few times also prior. :P
Not sure based on the video, was that frothed milk or some sort of whipped cream added to the cold cappuccino ?
I didn't watch the whole video. On cold capuccinos is ether frothed milk used (for cold espressos milk with 1,5% fat is preferrabe due to the better result). But somethimes also whipped cream is used. In most cafes you can choose while ordering.

Cannot find right now any video of how they prepare the cold frothed milk.

In my town you can also find a cold version of the spanish bonbon cafe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SIEX06bzmg). The only difference is that on the top is used frothed milk like for the cold cappuccino.

Also some cafes used to offer a cold version of turkish coffe, but it was just disgusting

Advertisement
zapa

#8: Post by zapa »

If I am going to have to choose a cold coffee drink that I would like on a hot summer day, I think I am going with a good NITRO.

#9: Post by greekbarista (original poster) replying to zapa »

What is a NITRO?