Coffee subscriptions

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Jefe

#1: Post by Jefe »

Like many of you I am a home roaster and have been doing so for a few years now. Nothing has helped me move forward with coffee as much as roasting my own has, I love it and is by far my favorite "chore" :lol: Recently I feel like I've hit a bit of a rut. I usually pick up green beans in orders of ten pounds or larger each time I order, though cheaper than roasted coffee it is a larger upfront cost and its a large price to pay for beans I might not like. Maybe I'm sticking with regions I know I will like over something that has been a turn off in the past. Either way a rut has creeped into my life and I thought a coffee subscription would help me out. Get the creative juices flowing again. I decided to give trade coffee a try, I have done creama and bluebottle in the past. What about you? Ever been in a rut with your home roasting, what did you do to get out of it?

lmolter

#2: Post by lmolter »

I'm in a 'reverse' rut -- I'm constantly subscribing, then getting tired of the blend and the roaster's choices of beans, then cancelling. Rinse and repeat.

Jefe

#3: Post by Jefe »

Totally agree and that was exactly what happened to me the last time I tried a subscription. But, I was in a different place back then....caffeinatedly speaking :lol:

rktcyntst

#4: Post by rktcyntst »

I've just started with a subscription to get more variety. I've been lazy lately and the hottop has been sitting idle. Hoping to try lots of different varieties that I otherwise may never stumble upon!