Canadian Roasters: Canucks...What are you drinking? - Page 41

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
slappadabass

#401: Post by slappadabass »

I'm honestly not the biggest fan of Kyle as a person to be honest, so his coffee not being that great just emphasizes things for me.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#402: Post by baldheadracing replying to slappadabass »

That's the drawback of influencer culture. September had a much more successful start than it would have if it had been just another coffee roaster, but there is that flip side.

Myself, I have never met the man.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

rolex

#403: Post by rolex »

slappadabass wrote:I'm honestly not the biggest fan of Kyle as a person to be honest, so his coffee not being that great just emphasizes things for me.
Me neither after my experience attempting to communicate before ordering, and I was a brand new customer. Never ended up purchasing and ordered direct from Dak instead, whom even threw in a free pack of their Rainbow for me to try (their most expensive beans!) Louis always responds to my emails, is friendly, answers all of my questions, and even has sent me cool tidbits like brewing parameters they use as a starting point for all of their coffees. A huge contrast to my first inquiries @ September.

Glad I made this post, and glad for all the replies, thanks gents

How does everyone know who this guy is? Ex-member here or something? Or a "Social Media" personality?

mixedup

#404: Post by mixedup »

My Pilot Ana Sora just landed today. I used to pull shots on my Profitec lever and enjoyed them. Not sure they intend this as espresso but hoping it's as good as previous years!

baldheadracing
Team HB

#405: Post by baldheadracing »

rolex wrote:How does everyone know who this guy is? Ex-member here or something? Or a "Social Media" personality?
He decided to become a Coffee YouTuber during the pandemic and has been successful, with over 100k subs and over 35 million views, although the majority of those views are shorts. AFAIK he had no industry experience before the channel started.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

TeeDub

#406: Post by TeeDub »

Working my way through Third Wave's Canadian Advent Calendar and today was "Smoothie" from Pirates of Coffee. By far the best coffee so far, and one of the better filter coffees I have had in awhile.

With so many local roasters, it's crazy I can add another option.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#407: Post by buckersss »

redbone wrote:Stereo Coffee Roasters (Toronto)

How did you like stereo rob, would you get it again?

redbone

#408: Post by redbone replying to buckersss »

Good roasters with some interesting coffee's. Would get again minus anything too funky / anaerobic. I've been leaning towards yearly available blends for my morning pour over / machine brew coffee's in order have some consistency as I like to minimize my morning surprises.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#409: Post by buckersss »

Thanks very much.

slappadabass

#410: Post by slappadabass »

TeeDub wrote:Working my way through Third Wave's Canadian Advent Calendar and today was "Smoothie" from Pirates of Coffee. By far the best coffee so far, and one of the better filter coffees I have had in awhile.
That's a roaster I've never tried! Just ordered a couple bags.

On a side note, the last couple bags from Portfolio have been pretty bland: both the Fazenda Sucuri and the Bombe Sidama had no real note separation. Just chocolate.