Canadian Roasters: Canucks...What are you drinking? - Page 39

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
redbone

#381: Post by redbone »

Trying out a natural anaerobic coffee. Definitely different with more defined flavouring. Prefer later in the day post lunch. Bit overwhelming for the days first cup. Like to shake up the pallet on occasion.

Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Thehomebrewcoffee

#382: Post by Thehomebrewcoffee »

Come into stereo some time! I'm around Monday- Friday 9-3. Would love to have you taste some of our coffees and chat machines!
Home Brew Coffee - Stereo Coffee Roasters - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Advertisement
Escaron

#383: Post by Escaron »

I've been drinking a lot of medium roasts from Pallet, De Mello and Detour in the past. I picked up a Lagom P64 with MP burrs a few weeks ago and decided to venture out of my comfort zone to try a Monogram filter roast. Was very pleasantly surprised by their Alasitas Caturra Coco Natural - Filter. Probably one of the most interesting coffees I've had yet. Will have to sample some more of their filter roasts.

I have Hatch and Rogue Wave on my list of roasteries to try as well.

kelly1

#384: Post by kelly1 »

49 parallel Epic espresso ,the last few weeks,kelly

Bunkmil

#385: Post by Bunkmil »

I might get a bag of this one. It looks delicious!
Thanks for sharing!

antioxidant

#386: Post by antioxidant »

My first post on HB. I had a Breville BBE for 6+ years, recently upgrade to a real espresso grinder and an E61 machine, so here I am.

Now re-discovering all GTA roasters I like in the past. Here are few blends I like the most so far:
  • Punch Buggy from Detour - Balanced with good amount of acidity, smooth mouthfeel, syrup like texture I didn't discovery with BBE before
  • Starlight from Hatch - kind of a "3rd wave specialty" blend, high acidity in a positive and very pleasant way, taste like flower and fruit
  • Heritage from Pilot - Well balanced blend, extremely easy to dial in, it's so flat and consistent
  • Great Scott from 1.21 - Low acidity, bold body and good after taste, a bit on the bitter side, 20% Robusta makes it unique
  • Lavazza Super Crema - My new emergency stale backup bean in the freezer, no acidity, great body and okay after taste, brewing parameters are totally off with other blends, yet for the price it taste very good

Will continue my re-discovery...

Spitz.me

#387: Post by Spitz.me »

Thehomebrewcoffee wrote:Come into stereo some time! I'm around Monday- Friday 9-3. Would love to have you taste some of our coffees and chat machines!
Hey Jake, I haven't been to Stereo in several years - probably not since the first year the location converted from Crema to Stereo. The coffee is great though. I like both the Echo and Analog, but prefer the Analog.

Just wanting to give a shout out as the coffee is excellent.
LMWDP #670

Advertisement
Jeffnowirz

#388: Post by Jeffnowirz »

Hi does anyone know a good medium-dark roast decaf to try for straight espresso I recently tried Propeller Coffees swiss decaf and it was just too sour for me

exidrion

#389: Post by exidrion »

Has anyone tried Milano coffee's espresso blends? https://www.milanocoffee.ca/shop/espresso I've been looking to try some new blends, with an emphasis on northern Italian style but doesn't involve buying from Cantina in the states (although I did splurge one and it was great! :mrgreen: ). I'm open to any blends though.

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#390: Post by PIXIllate replying to exidrion »

For all the hype I didn't have a great experience with Milano. No roast dates on the bags, very expensive, no free shipping. And in the end the coffee just simply wasn't that great.

Try Hatch Blackout and Gamma. Very consistent and through temperature and ratio you can get everything from traditional Italian flavour profiles (202F 2:1) to something a hint more modern (197F 1.7:1).