Canadian Roasters: Canucks...What are you drinking? - Page 35

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
mohninme

#341: Post by mohninme »

Radio.YYZ wrote:Hiya,

I am having a hard time getting my usual roasters to do light roast, i.e first crack, matte brown colour of beans with no oils as i usually prefer natural coffees that tend to have fruit acid prominent. I usually do cortados so the milk rounds off and you get a very delicious coffee. In any case even the roasters that do their "light" roast for ethiopian ardi have switched to medium. So here i am looking for recommendation for fruit bombs, or sweet and acidic coffees. I usually go for s.o coffees but will take any recommendation and roasters. Last few threads detour shows up so i may give them a go. I have done idc coffee and i found the roast to not be even and the coffees to be more traditional chocolately coffee than the light roasted fruity ones.
Give Terry a shout at Prairie Lily Coffee. His love of light roasted coffee shows in how many SOs and even light blends he has to offer.
Michael

iBrew

#342: Post by iBrew »

This coffee from Rosso is pretty amazing! I'll be pre-ordering some more from the next batch.

https://www.rossocoffeeroasters.com/col ... ural-mokka

Versalab: maker and supplier of finest espresso equipment
Sponsored by Versalab
Radio.YYZ

#343: Post by Radio.YYZ »

thanks @PIXIllate & @mohninme for recommendations.

I guess for good roasted coffee, the pricing does climb up! I have ordered some from social in the meantime.
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

Idfixe

#344: Post by Idfixe »

Iwas recently amazed by a roaster I just tried: https://nektar.ca/

I tried various roast levels, beans and origins with great results.

anish

#345: Post by anish »

John49 wrote:1. Pilot - Ana Sora
2. Social Coffee - Sidama ARDI
3. Pilot - Dabesa Natural

anyone have any recommendations for people in the Bay Area similar to Pilot's Ana Sora?

:(

jfjj

#346: Post by jfjj »

Just ordered some coffee from Zab. Looking forward to try them :)
- Jean