Canadian Roasters: Canucks...What are you drinking? - Page 34

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chibear

#331: Post by chibear »

I know this thread is about roasters, but I'd like to register my confusion as to why more people aren't home roasting. It's not rocket science or that time consuming. I've been roasting in a whirly pop a pound at a time for about a year now, judging my roasts by sight and smell. Of all the beans I've roasted I think there are only 3 I would not buy again. Each roast is an adventure.

That being said I've been getting my green beans from the Green Coffee Company in Alberta. I notice they have my all time favourite back in stock. It will definitely be on my next order.

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#332: Post by baldheadracing »

chibear wrote:I know this thread is about roasters, but I'd like to register my confusion as to why more people aren't home roasting. It's not rocket science or that time consuming. I've been roasting in a whirly pop a pound at a time for about a year now, judging my roasts by sight and smell. Of all the beans I've roasted I think there are only 3 I would not buy again. Each roast is an adventure.

That being said I've been getting my green beans from the Green Coffee Company in Alberta. I notice they have my all time favourite back in stock. It will definitely be on my next order.
Folks say making espresso at home is new hobby; I'd that home roasting can be an additional hobby ... and, like espresso, it is possible to dive very deep :oops:.

However, like coffee - and unlike espresso - it isn't necessary to dive very deep into roasting to get tasty results 8).
What I'm interested in is my worst espresso being fantastic - James Hoffmann

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#333: Post by PIXIllate »

Maybe once pulling Godshots back to back becomes trivial Ill consider adding the hobby of roasting.

mohninme

#334: Post by mohninme » replying to PIXIllate »

Diddo
Michael

bcrdukes
Supporter ♡

#335: Post by bcrdukes »

I got 99 problems and to think of even roasting... :lol:
LMWDP #685

redbone
Supporter ♡

#336: Post by redbone »

On a bit of a Madawaska run.

Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549