Canadian Roaster Recommendations - Page 30

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
slappadabass

#291: Post by slappadabass »

Spitz.me wrote:
The Rabbit Hole Chocolate Berry blend is a nice change of pace.
+1 to this. Always consistent.

Spitz.me

#292: Post by Spitz.me »

I'm going to hibernate on some Manic and holiday blends for a few months. That was a lot of experimentation... lol

I tried too many at once and had too much waste for what I bought. Not a fan.
LMWDP #670

Earthy

#293: Post by Earthy »

I think the opposite approach is a roaster like Luna where it only has a small selection and it changes all the time based on the lot they received last. I find that they always produce something interesting.

Spitz.me

#294: Post by Spitz.me »

I'm resetting my palate with my daily driver back in rotation - the Manic Blend.

I will dabble in a holiday blend or two though. If anyone has tried any at this point, then please share!
LMWDP #670

PIXIllate (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#295: Post by PIXIllate (original poster) »

I have a Holiday Blend about to arrive from ZAB. Will report. Just recovering from a VERY boring and underwhelming shipment from Rabbit Hole. Four coffees, zero interesting characteristics.

slappadabass

#296: Post by slappadabass »

Yeah I haven't had a lot of success with Rabbit Hole other than the chocolate berry espresso. Although their service is great and everything is always freshly roasted to order.

Ana Sora drops tomorrow from Pilot, which was really good last year. Will grab a couple bags for sure.

Earthy

#297: Post by Earthy »

I thought Rabbit Hole was one of the pricey but good roasters, though I have never ordered from them. Didn't James Hoffman even have a bag of their Chinese coffees in one of his videos?

I received a 900g bag of Escape's Diamant (black Friday deal on large bags). The lime really comes through and it gave me that Wow feeling on the first sip of the first shot. Interesting, though I will switch it up with other coffees to not get tired of it. A little unidimensional, but good.

SuperBar

#298: Post by SuperBar »

Here is what I'm currently using, Rufino Coffee. They have some amazing blends which give great consistent results.

https://rufino.ca/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx9 ... gK-XfD_BwE
LMWDP #756

Richmyster

#299: Post by Richmyster »

Lots of pages in the thread but I really enjoy everything Quietly Coffee has to offer out of Ontario!