Caffe Lusso Rescue Freedom Blend - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
TomC
Team HB

#21: Post by TomC »

wachuko wrote:I can't do fruit... I once tried the Counter Culture La Golondrina and that was a cherry bomb! Nope...

This Rescue Freedom Blend is as fruity as I can go with a coffee... it will be a small bag every time I buy the kilo or 5lbs of Lionshare...

Oh... machine turned off on me... I want one more before the day is over.

Cheers!

That's funny, I'm sipping on a filter brew of La Golondrina from CC right now. Very clean, bright and sweet cherry juice. But it's tamed by a soft cocoa powder/milk chocolate note so it's kinda like a cherry cordial in a way.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Plinyyounger
Supporter ♡

#22: Post by Plinyyounger »

I like this but I can't pin down what the flavors are yet. Zero sourness, nuttiness up front with some not so strong sweetness. It's balanced in that nothing in particular stands out. I've used it in milk as a flat and a latte, flavored and no additives, both great. Also just pulled a espresso and that too was good. I'm going to keep experimenting with it until I can give you a good description.

I have been using a 18g vst basket, 18-18.5 at 203 on the money and 37 out 29 sec. it's very good. Crema is minimal to moderate
Family, coffee and fun.

HotLava (original poster)

#23: Post by HotLava (original poster) »

I have been pulling it 33-34 grams. 28-32 seconds at 203. I was pulling 32g in 27 seconds at 203 but was picking up a little saltiness. Going 2 grams longer got rid of the saltiness. I would describe it as a chocolate blueberry cordial.
Joe