Buon Giorno coffees - Page 6

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#51: Post by JohnB. »

Junior wrote:Maybe my mistake was emailing the wholesale address provided at ordering for issues. I'll send them another email just so they're aware of the issue. Regardless of my experience, they should be aware of the problem so they could head off future problems. I'll update if I hear anything back.
Sent you a PM.
LMWDP 267

Junior
Supporter ♡

#52: Post by Junior »

David and I did speak and he apologized, both for the rocks and missing the initial email. Unnecessarily, he sent another bag of coffee to me.

I'll just chalk this up to a glitch for what many describe as a careful roaster.
Michael

yakster
Supporter ♡

#53: Post by yakster »

Rocks and other debris in coffee is not unheard of, and can be hard to screen out. There's several threads on this forum detailing these issues. I try to take a moment and look at the coffee I dose before it goes into the grinder as a last chance QA step at screening out any debris.

I'm glad that your roaster made things right for you.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Junior
Supporter ♡

#54: Post by Junior »

I know. Coffee is an agricultural product and things will happen. I repackage all roasted coffee when it arrives and I didn't notice the rocks either. I use a fairly large hopper, so it's not as good as single dosing for identifying issues.

I'm certainly not perfect and I don't expect retailers to be perfect either. Mistakes happen and how people and companies address mistakes is always more important for my continued patronage.
Michael