Buon Giorno coffees - Page 4

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
dreadnatty08

#31: Post by dreadnatty08 »

Monte, the Estate is quite intensely roasty as others have said. Beans are quite dark, oily. I found it's honestly best in a milk drink as it's too much for me straight, personally. The Autunno, on the other hand, is definitely tempered in the roast department, has some fruity notes without any acidity. It's rather nice on its own.

lancealot

#32: Post by lancealot »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:I hope I am not dragging the thread off topic, but I was looking for a suggestion. I browsed the post but I think it is better if I ask.

My preference is for what is referred to AS Italian style espresso.
For the last 13-14 months Dragonfly Crema Dolce has been my daily espresso. I really liked it, however I decided that it is time to change roaster.
I understand Estate Espresso may match what I am looking for. I also understand that is probably very intense.
What other coffees on the low acidity, less fruity side, should I try?
Estate is a quite few notches up in the roast dept. from Crema Dolce.

Decent Espresso: espresso equipment for serious baristas
Sponsored by Decent Espresso
Moka 1 Cup

#33: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

Thank you guys. I'll definitely try Autunno.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Moka 1 Cup

#34: Post by Moka 1 Cup » replying to Moka 1 Cup »

Yes! Autunno is indeed an excellent epresso. I am really pleased. Thank you for the recommendation.

I ordered a bag Banko Gotiti too, for pour over, and I can say I like that one too. Maybe a little too mild or I may still have to play with it a little bit more, but it's a good coffee.

Quirquincho

#35: Post by Quirquincho »

I just pulled my last shot with the BG Autunno. I've really enjoyed this coffee as a straight shot, a cortado, and a cappuccino. I found it to be a fairly sweet blend, so I did not really see a need for adding sugar. I would definitely buy this coffee again.

Over the past 3 weeks playing with it, I settled on a 16g dose and 24g yield (equivalent to 2oz, volumetrically, including the crema) in 30 seconds. At first, I was going for a ~1:2 brew ratio. However, in my 2nd week of using those parameters, my wife and I noticed a woody/spice flavor which we didn't really appreciate relative to what we were getting before that. Based on an earlier post about the owner's recommended 2oz yield, I decided to see what 2-volumetric ounces were in grams, and realized that it meant a 1:1.5 brew ratio. This BR actually got rid of the woody/spice note and brought back the cherry finish. I also found this coffee to be fairly forgiving but to work best if the shot time was between 25 seconds and 35 seconds, with my equipment.

I think I'll try Primavera next and save Inverno for last, since it seems to be other really good one from BG.

lancealot

#36: Post by lancealot »

Bought 5lbs of the Inverno. 2 lbs in, approx 10 days off roast. I'm settled on 18:30-32, 26-28 seconds, 198.

Started out 18:36 and 203, but I gradually brought the temp down to get rid of some bad flavors I was getting. Then it was getting a little too roasty, so I shortened the ratio a tad. I'm mostly having americanos, one latte a day and a straight shot every couple of days.

I often think I can taste more of what is going on from a room temperature americano than a straight shot.

Moka 1 Cup

#37: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

I ordered 5lb of the Autunno blend. Hopefully it will remain good in the freezer.

La Marzocco · Home: customized for espresso aficionados
Sponsored by La Marzocco · Home
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by JohnB. » replying to Moka 1 Cup »

Depends how you store it I guess. I've had no problem with it staying good 3-4 months stored in canning jars at 0*F.
LMWDP 267

Moka 1 Cup

#39: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

Usually I vacuum seal coffee 5 days after roast date, in individual bags of about 8-10 Oz and keep it at 0 F, for not more than 2 months.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#40: Post by JohnB. » replying to Moka 1 Cup »

Give the Autunno a good 7 days before freezing it. Ordered another 5 lb today. The last batch went in the freezer in late January & was still fine when I finished it off yesterday.
LMWDP 267