Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations? - Page 10

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chanty 77

#91: Post by chanty 77 »

I wondered why so many people love blueberry notes in their espresso. For me, it is because blueberry is not acidic, plus great flavor. I don't mind some acidity, but when it becomes overbearing (again...to me) such as lemon, lime....I just can't.

cmin

#92: Post by cmin replying to chanty 77 »

B/c I've had some that you could literally tell difference between Strawberry and Blueberry (vs generic fruit note), and even in milk they would make it taste like a coffee Strawberry/Blueberry shake. Been a looooong time since had anything like that. I had some Hambelas from various places that were so jammy and Strawberry they were amazing, even Redbirds Hambelas like 2016-2018, than Hambelas after tasted like generic fruit light roast from them and others.

Oh how I miss that Strawberry jammy note.

What boggles my mind I had some insane blueberry bombs from Happy mug of all places I'm talking destroyed anything from B&W, Sweet Bloom and others.....and bags after all tasted from mehhh to literally crap of the same exact beans I had ordered.

But even straight those berry bomb coffees were delicious, not the generic bright acidity today that's so rampant and kinda off putting to me that taste like someone just brewed coffee and squeezed a lemon wedge in it.

chanty 77

#93: Post by chanty 77 »

cmin wrote:B/c I've had some that you could literally tell difference between Strawberry and Blueberry (vs generic fruit note), and even in milk they would make it taste like a coffee Strawberry/Blueberry shake. Been a looooong time since had anything like that. I had some Hambelas from various places that were so jammy and Strawberry they were amazing, even Redbirds Hambelas like 2016-2018, than Hambelas after tasted like generic fruit light roast from them and others.

Oh how I miss that Strawberry jammy note.

What boggles my mind I had some insane blueberry bombs from Happy mug of all places I'm talking destroyed anything from B&W, Sweet Bloom and others.....and bags after all tasted from mehhh to literally crap of the same exact beans I had ordered. Never bothered with them again (and then it came to light that the owner is a bit of wacko)

But even straight those berry bomb coffees were delicious, not the generic bright acidity today that's so rampant and kinda off putting to me that taste like someone just brewed coffee and squeezed a lemon wedge in it.
But even straight those berry bomb coffees were delicious, not the generic bright acidity today that's so rampant and kinda off putting to me that taste like someone just brewed coffee and squeezed a lemon wedge in it

Exactly, bright acidity blends of today are also off-putting to me. I don't care for one-dimensional roasts of say...chocolate (and does it really truly taste like chocolate? Many times to me, it's a no). I like the notes of pretty much non acidic fruits in the blend along with the 'chocolate', nuts, etc, etc.

Chert

#94: Post by Chert »

The roast style is fairly light, so don't let this suggestion entice if you want to avoid possible acid bomb, but I'm getting nice berry in the sample of this a friend provided me.

Olympia Coffee Homasho Natural
LMWDP #198

Jofari

#95: Post by Jofari »

I was very impressed with this roast from Compass Coffee Roasters. Lots of blueberry notes in combination with tropical fruit and floral notes. It's a very clean tasting natural processed coffee with no funkiness. The barista informed me that it's their highest rated coffee they've roasted and sold to-date.

https://www.compasscoffeeroasting.com/s ... -wush-wush

Cos270

#96: Post by Cos270 »

Looks promising! Did you brew espresso or filter?

Jofari

#97: Post by Jofari »

Cos270 wrote:Looks promising! Did you brew espresso or filter?
I've been brewing it for filter, but had it brewed for espresso in the shop. It was excellent both ways.

bostonbuzz (original poster)

#98: Post by bostonbuzz (original poster) »

Links die. The coffee from compass is " Israel Degafa, Wush Wush Natural". I'll give it a shot in a week or two.
LMWDP #353

cmin

#99: Post by cmin »

I have Torques Dark Drop right now and it def has a very nice cherry note to it for 'Spro that I saw someone else mention on here awhile back. Wouldn't say a bomb, I doubt we'll ever seen fruit/berry bombs ever again but this blend was a surprise as it looks more medium to medium dark but doesn't taste like it. That cherry note is really nice.

Cant seem to dial it on V60 though but I only tried a few times, I think I got some of the cherry today but I was using the switch and I tried an immersion split and that made it taste kinda muddled.

Cos270

#100: Post by Cos270 »

Sweet, thanks! I'll pick up a bag once I finish this. Just placed an order, should be here early next week. I'll report back on the berry-ness if there is any.

https://perccoffee.com/products/guatema ... la-montana