Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations? - Page 8

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
BaristaBob

#71: Post by BaristaBob »

A week ago I ordered a bag of Sermon from Verve looking for blueberry and chocolate. I'm nine shots in, with mixed results. You can certainly smell blueberries and it's in the aroma of the extraction but mostly a berry forward (more raspberry, tart berries). The chocolate note is tricky on the shot parameters...comes and goes. Using Verve's parameters of 19-20g in, 28-32g out, in 23-24 seconds is fast for a medium-light roast IMO.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Yum

#72: Post by Yum »

Been their done that I miss that flavor

doug
Supporter ♡

#73: Post by doug »

For you roasters: Columbia Narino David Gomez Microlot.

https://www.roastmasters.com/colombia-david-gomez.html

Web site says Cinnamon sugar, sweet, bright. Smooth silky body. Flavors: cherry, toasted bread and honey. But I get very blueberry and cinnamon at around a 50 on the roast. Love it.

cmin

#74: Post by cmin »

Def don't bother with Dragonfly Elida Estate, the tasting notes sounded delicious and was hoping for at least a good blueberry note. Nope, taste like fresh generic store coffee and bag smells like that as well, not even a fraction of blueberry or anything. Says med light but sure as heck taste quite darker. Espresso or V60 mehhh, another fail.

Never had so many mehhh bags as in the last 12 months, really 12-24. Either crops just suck now as a whole or roasters somehow forgot how to roast lol.

Panama Elida said bluebbery and pineapple, on what planet lol? Not even the slightest hint of either. I have their Oasis blend right now and that's better and more fruity go figure :x

DownTheRabbitHole

#75: Post by DownTheRabbitHole »

I don't get straight blueberry from this but my friend does, still a great fruit bomb

Ethiopia Limited Oxygen Hada Molecha at Radio Roasters in Atlanta, they ship

walr00s
Supporter ♡

#76: Post by walr00s »

cmin wrote:
Never had so many mehhh bags as in the last 12 months, really 12-24. Either crops just suck now as a whole or roasters somehow forgot how to roast lol.
This is my experience as well. I had been getting a steady stream of berry forward naturals from mostly Ethiopia but many other places as well, often from Klatch...and then about June of last year I started getting generic coffees that mostly end up in the bin. I barely shop at Klatch anymore after throwing away pounds and pounds of their beans, but trying other roasters has been highly hit and miss so I don't think Klatch was the problem. The naturals just don't seem to have the same flavors.

There's been exceptions of course. I just finished a bag of Halo Bertiti Natural from Idle Hands that was recommended on these forums and it was the closest I've gotten to what I'm looking for in quite a while, and of course it's gone now.

Ubermensch

#77: Post by Ubermensch »

I had the fortune of living in the UK for a few years and got to know the Square Mile Coffee offerings. Their Sweetshop remains the biggest berry bomb I've experienced. It's been a little while so I can't speak to blueberry flavors relative to other berries, but it's still one of my favorites. This shipping cost from the UK is another $10 so it might only make sense if you go in for a full kilogram.

https://shop.squaremilecoffee.com/products/sweet-shop

bostonbuzz (original poster)

#78: Post by bostonbuzz (original poster) »

yakster wrote:Sweet Maria's dry processed Ethiopia Buno Dambi Uddo looks like a real fruit and berry salad of a coffee. It's green coffee, but I did a web search and there's several roasters offering this coffee right now if that's what your after. Not specifically blueberry, but it sure sounds good.

I ordered 2lbs from Wacker coffee, who I have no experience with. I'm very hopeful. My experience with importers is that their tasting notes are detailed and spot on - it's the roasters who are a bit short with a couple descriptors and don't tell you if the flavor is a bomb or if it's very subtle. So as long as the roast is decent it should be a certified bomb... maybe. Fingers crossed.
LMWDP #353

bostonbuzz (original poster)

#79: Post by bostonbuzz (original poster) »

Well it came in and it's quite a nice chocolate y natural with maybe some berry notes but a berry bomb it is not. :(
LMWDP #353

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#80: Post by Milligan »

I've sampled quite a few greens this year looking for blueberry and nice fruits. Very hard to find. Ethiopia has been a bit of a disappointment so far. I don't think its the roasting because a great Ethiopian bean of the past tasted wonderful and very aromatic even in the off roasts.