Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations? - Page 7

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
BaristaBob

#61: Post by BaristaBob »

Coffeechiro wrote:Over the weekend, I tried Sidama from Caffè Lusso, and I really really enjoyed it. The blueberry and strawberry were very pleasantly present. For me, it was better than Verve's Sermon.

Sounds great. Was it just fruity or was there also a chocolate component?
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Coffeechiro

#62: Post by Coffeechiro »

It's more in the fruity side. If you want chocolate then try Saka!

BaristaBob

#63: Post by BaristaBob replying to Coffeechiro »

Have, and it's an excellent chocolate bomb, but the search for blueberry or strawberry with a chocolate finish is my newest attempt for something different.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Coffeechiro

#64: Post by Coffeechiro »

Let me know if you do find it.

cmin

#65: Post by cmin »

BaristaBob wrote:Have, and it's an excellent chocolate bomb, but the search for blueberry or strawberry with a chocolate finish is my newest attempt for something different.
Last time I had Sermon it sucked lol, tasted like generic coffee, nothing remotley close to what Sermon was years ago.

Pulling this right now and on V60, jammy and chocolatey. Tricky dialing, had to grind way finer for espresso. Delicious as V60.
https://perccoffee.com/products/papua-n ... hgi-valley

Also have their new Costa Rican in freezer right now that sounds good too
https://perccoffee.com/products/costa-rica-tirra-estate

Also just had Howells Alchemy and the Boa Vista Estate espresso. Man, Alchemy tasted dark and roasty as heck, I was lowering temp to 194 and still couldn't shake that ashy/astringent note. The other Boa Espresso lil better but kinda disappointed. Just leads me to my feeling of somehow all roasters are either dropping in quality for either roasting, or greens, or combo of both. Like 0 blueberry and cherry like tasting notes.

Pulling on an HG1 Prime also and still Alchemy especially was astringent, if that happened on HG1 Prime than wow lol...

Showtime84

#66: Post by Showtime84 »

I had a naturally processed African bean from Counter Culture a while back that smelt just like blueberry. I mean it was amazing. I wish I could remember the exact varietal. I believe it was called Jabanto They had it for a while and IIRC its in regular rotation over at CC.

ShotClock
Supporter ♡

#67: Post by ShotClock »

Had a couple of great Ethiopian naturals recently from Relampago coffee in St. Augustine, FL.

The Durato Bombe is a nice blueberry heavy coffee, makes excellent espresso and is very easy to extract.

The star of the show for me is their Gera anaerobic natural - amazingly sweet with extremely intense fresh strawberries. Interestingly to me, not much by way of the ferment notes that I expect with anaerobic processed coffees.

https://www.relampagocoffee.com/shop

daggerNC

#68: Post by daggerNC »

Well, after my wife visited our son who had a bag of Black&White ALS and she said this actually has blueberry smell and taste (!!!) I ordered a bag, and,,,,,NADA?? No blueberry at all - this was only a 3 week delta from when he ordered his, but they must have changed the bean blend :-( My wife agreed that it smells and tastes completely different - bummer. So for Thanksgiving (hope everyone had a great T-Day!) I bought another bag of Ethiopia Bombe which was just another good, drinkable roast but no berries, and my son came home with a couple of new bags to try. Lots of caffeination later, still no real fruity bombs to be had. I'm currently on a bag of GOSHEN Ethiopia Yebesele Natural, and while it gives a sweet and very pleasant cup of joe, it is again not the strawberry jamfest it is advertised to be.

Thanks for all the posts from everyone. I just ordered this morning a bag of Ethiopia Gera from Relampago Coffee (thanks @ShotClock) as it looks promising... So I'll have nothing brand new/new find to add, but I'll give all my impression of this roast.

bostonbuzz (original poster)

#69: Post by bostonbuzz (original poster) »

I got the Gera anaerobic natural and it has some pretty clear strawberries in my bag. A pleasant anaerobic. Nice coffee. Still on the hunt!
LMWDP #353

yakster
Supporter ♡

#70: Post by yakster »

Sweet Maria's dry processed Ethiopia Buno Dambi Uddo looks like a real fruit and berry salad of a coffee. It's green coffee, but I did a web search and there's several roasters offering this coffee right now if that's what your after. Not specifically blueberry, but it sure sounds good.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272