Black and White Roasters

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
MichaelR

#1: Post by MichaelR »

Hi Everyone,

I've been interested in trying Black and White Roasters espresso but I'm seeing online that their original, natural or classic are all almost dark roast. I have a La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II. I heard that we shouldn't be putting dark roast beans in an espresso machine. Can I use it to make espresso from these darker roast beans?

BodieZoffa

#2: Post by BodieZoffa »

Never had their offerings, but I would be surprised if they are pushing things toward the truly darker end of the spectrum. Also, you can use any coffee you wish with any machine/grinder, just that darker tends to give off more oil and might require a bit more cleaning to reduce chance of rancidity and you might need to make slight temp changes to offset roast development.

MichaelR (original poster)

#3: Post by MichaelR (original poster) »

Thank you!

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by Milligan »

I've had some of those you listed from them. They are "dark" for specialty but not oily dark. You will be just fine running them.

MichaelR (original poster)

#5: Post by MichaelR (original poster) »

Thank you! Good to know. :)

daveR1
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by daveR1 »

I agree with Milligan.
I've ordered all 3 several times & I would call them at most medium dark, but certainly not dark & oily. No issues running them thru my grinders

limonengelb

#7: Post by limonengelb »

The natural was my go to for awhile. Definitely not a dark roast, closer to medium or medium dark at best.