Black and White Roasters - Page 42

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Milligan
Supporter ❤

#411: Post by Milligan »

You guys have me curious about their Classic. I tried the Traditional as drip and it was good, but not one I'd order again. I also tried the Carlos Plazas Cinnamon Anaerobic and it was quite a fun bag to taste and share. Very tasty, but again not something I'd order again. More like a one and done coffee. Too out there for me for normal consumption but I'm very glad I got to try it.

kinda-niche

#412: Post by kinda-niche »

Curious if anyone has tried their Sebastian Gomez - EF2 Natural. The description looks super interesting (and not to mention a little out there). What was your experience? Is it wine-like and boozy as they call it? Did it pull well as an espresso (if you tried)?

Advertisement
nameisjoey

#413: Post by nameisjoey »

Not too long ago I bought a bag of The Classic and The Natural. I've been blending an 18g shot at a 75/25 ratio of the classic and the natural. It's honestly pretty dang good. It's a nice chocolatey base with just a nice subtle red fruit acidity. The classic also helps add in some body as well.

I wonder if they've ever considered or tested something like this.

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#414: Post by Milligan »

Funny, I have a bag of the Classic and Natural on the way. Wanted to see their take on a modern house blend (The Natural.) I picked up the Gamatui - Anaerobic Natural because of the concord grape note. I enjoy the fig/currant/grape note in espresso. Hoping that satisfies that craving.

nameisjoey

#415: Post by nameisjoey »

If anyone has been on the fence about trying the Wilder Lasso - Lemon Gesha, do it!

I am so mind blown by this coffee. I've never been a florals guy, but the intense jasmine note has me coming back for more and more. Compound that with the dark sugary sweetness and the subtle lemon mixed in and this one is a banger. I'm very impressed and this is easily one of the most interesting coffees I've drank yet.

chanty 77

#416: Post by chanty 77 replying to nameisjoey »

Salesman coming out in you again. Everything sounds enticing to me about the jasmine. I love wearing fragrance, but I don't know about drinking it.

nameisjoey

#417: Post by nameisjoey replying to chanty 77 »

Haha, it's in my blood for sure.

I know you're a big cappuccino fan, so for what it's worth, I don't think the floral notes would really translate well through milk. I'm sure it would taste delicious but at $35 a bag, I don't think you'd get your moneys worth. Just my opinion though!

Advertisement
chanty 77

#418: Post by chanty 77 replying to nameisjoey »

Thanks....$35 a bag? Nope, just can't no matter how good. I 'gulp' at $20 a 12oz. bag.

stankoniaFUNK

#419: Post by stankoniaFUNK »

kinda-niche wrote:Curious if anyone has tried their Sebastian Gomez - EF2 Natural. The description looks super interesting (and not to mention a little out there). What was your experience? Is it wine-like and boozy as they call it? Did it pull well as an espresso (if you tried)?
I just brewed my first up, probably should have let it rest more based on prior comments but i couldn't wait (im at day 7). Im brewing on an Orea and im new to anaerobics, let alone learning about my grinder, so take what i say with several grains of salt.

I really enjoyed the coffee but i didnt really get any of their tasting notes. Maybe the cocoa nibs on the finish? It tastes like white peach and a hint of black tea to me more than sangria, but it has more body than an onyx anaerobic that i recently had. The onyx one felt soft, this one feels like a punch of fruit on the front end and a little more traditional heavier chocolately finish on the back end (i think the onyx one i had may have been two times the price too and this is just as good if not better). I over extracted it so that might be contributing to my sense of it having more body than it should, but even with over extraction its very drinkable and even refreshing on the front end.

I hope you get it, and id love to hear your thoughts on the coffee!

Spacekillguy

#420: Post by Spacekillguy »

I can confirm the Wilder Lasso Gesha is an absolute banger. Been pulling turbo shots with them, and it's ridiculously floral and sweet. Definitely a bit of a splurge, but honestly I think it's earned it's price considering the many other geshas it's competing with.