Black and White Roasters - Page 28

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
dreadnatty08

#271: Post by dreadnatty08 »

One of those 100g bags?! :)
I haven't ordered B&W in a long time but I always peruse their offerings. I honestly just wish our cafe would pick them up for coffee club or just sell retail bags. Our manager likes B&W but just orders from elsewhere. (I'm just in for the wholesale pricing on a bag or two...).
After I get through this Peruvian Natural from Dragonfly I'll hit up B&W for some more.

nameisjoey

#272: Post by nameisjoey » replying to dreadnatty08 »

Yeah, it's incredible. I don't normally splurge on coffee like this but the descriptors got me at the right time when I have been craving something light and fruity. I've been brewing it using Hoffman's ultimate Aeropress recipe. So 11g of coffee will definitely stretch it far and I've been loving it so far. It's incredibly good.

Ive picked up 5 other bags (all anaerobic processed) as well and looking forward to trying them all. I spent most of winter drinking milk drinks with more developed coffees but with the heat already I'm just craving fruit forward coffees.

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
Qcoffee77

#273: Post by Qcoffee77 »

Can anyone recommend one or two of their single origins that make good espresso? I'm not a fan of dark roasts or those dark roast flavors. Also not a fan of anything super light. I was planning to get a bag of the future but also want to try something else that isn't a blend. Thanks for your recommendations!

tennisman03110

#274: Post by tennisman03110 »

My favorite is The Original. It's a year round, but generally (maybe always) just Ethiopian. It's technically not single origin.

The color of the labels on the bags indicates similar coffees. So, maybe try the Geta Bore Lot 3. Like The Original, it's a washed coffee, and on the lighter side.

nameisjoey

#275: Post by nameisjoey »

Qcoffee77 wrote:Can anyone recommend one or two of their single origins that make good espresso? I'm not a fan of dark roasts or those dark roast flavors. Also not a fan of anything super light. I was planning to get a bag of the future but also want to try something else that isn't a blend. Thanks for your recommendations!
I'd suggest The Future, The Natural, and possibly the Original if you like washed Ethiopians.