Best Way To Store Coffee Beans.

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
ArtofEspresso

#1: Post by ArtofEspresso »

Hey all!,

What is the best way to store coffee beans?

Airtight?:

https://fellowproducts.com/products/atm ... 5552227443

Co2 release valves?:

https://coffeegator.com/collections/can ... ium-silver

Or something else?

Thank you!

User avatar
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
Supporter

#2: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

There are tons of threads this already including one with the same title. Here's a recap from that thread.

Best way to store coffee?

Search has lots of options and works well on this site. Let us know what you take out of all this.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart
★ Helpful

ArtofEspresso

#3: Post by ArtofEspresso »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz,

Thank you!

I'm sorry. My apologies. I am still figuring this site out.

I will check out that link! :)

User avatar
iploya
Supporter

#4: Post by iploya »

By the way, the correct answer is: in 16 oz Ball canning jars, filled to the top, stuck in the freezer, and pulled out one jar at a time at least several hours in advance for it to come to room temperature before you open it. Once it's out of the freezer you leave it out (don't return to freezer) and keep it in an air-right container of your choice as you use it up over the next several days.

You'll eventually converge on that answer after sifting through the countless threads on it and trying for yourself. :mrgreen:
--AB

ArtofEspresso

#5: Post by ArtofEspresso »

Thank you iploya!

So far I am not convinced to freeze the coffee beans.

I am trying to figure out if airtight sealing is better or a one way release valve to let the degassing escape.

jmotzi

#6: Post by jmotzi »

iploya wrote:...16 oz Ball canning jars...pulled out one jar at a time...
and you have how many of these in your freezer? :)
LMWDP #662

belegnole

#7: Post by belegnole »

iploya wrote:By the way, the correct answer is: in 16 oz Ball canning jars, filled to the top, stuck in the freezer, and pulled out one jar at a time at least several hours in advance for it to come to room temperature before you open it. Once it's out of the freezer you leave it out (don't return to freezer) and keep it in an air-right container of your choice as you use it up over the next several days.

You'll eventually converge on that answer after sifting through the countless threads on it and trying for yourself. :mrgreen:
Umm, sorry but I found that the 8oz size is better. Though the 16 works alright when I run out of the 8s. :D
LMWDP #641

Jeff

#8: Post by Jeff »

jmotzi wrote:and you have how many of these in your freezer? :)


Plus three more bags of George Howell Duromina on another shelf. With limited roasts or seasonal coffees, you get them when you can!

Chamber sealer, so I can put two or three roaster's bags into a single bag, then repack after removing them one at a time. Pumped down to 99%+.

User avatar
mkane
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by mkane »

ArtofEspresso wrote:Thank you iploya!

So far I am not convinced to freeze the coffee beans.

I am trying to figure out if airtight sealing is better or a one way release valve to let the degassing escape.

freeze after degas

ArtofEspresso

#10: Post by ArtofEspresso »

mkane wrote: freeze after degas
Don't the beans continue to degas until they become stale or is there a point where the degassing stops? Put another way: I don't see how I could freeze the beans after degassing. Wouldn't they be stale at that point?