Bean looking for the best roaster, what's your fav for espresso?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
paradoxgrowth

#1: Post by paradoxgrowth »

Dad jokes aside, really would like to get my hands on some good beans. I typically drink an espresso or lungo. Love low acidity and rich chocolate notes. My tummy and machine does not handle darker (oily) roasts very well.

Anyone have any recommendations? I would order from local roasters, websites, whatever you have. You could also share how you like to brew.

Thanks for your help!!

paradoxgrowth (original poster)

#2: Post by paradoxgrowth (original poster) »

Anyone? Never used this site, is it dead?

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
Jeff
Team HB

#3: Post by Jeff »

You've asked a question that's even more unanswerable than "What's the best car? I like one that is comfortable." being asked on a sports-car site.

Lots of advice here on probably hundreds of "comfort" blends. I'd avoid Italian-style roasts as they tend to be darker roasts. Running a bean-to-cup machine is a complicating factor as one has very little control over the parameters and the grind quality tends to be poor. Often, the better beans require better grinders and control than a home-use, bean-to-cup machine can provide.

★ Helpful

martinlhoff

#5: Post by martinlhoff »

If you are in the US, I'm thoroughly enjoying Northbound American Beauty. Nominally a medium roast, but I think it's on the lighter side, sweet, easy to dial in, forgiving.

I've been trying other coffees as well -- Grumpy, Lusso -- but it's back to American Beauty.

paradoxgrowth (original poster)

#6: Post by paradoxgrowth (original poster) »

Thanks so much to you both. I can't wait to try your suggestions. Ill get started after my couple bags of that Maromas Orphea Espresso (yuck).

I'll let you know what I think. If anyone else would like to post it would be appreciated.