Barrington Coffee Recomendation

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
MSS

#1: Post by MSS »

Looking for input on Barrington Coffee Roasters, has anyone tried them? Looking for a general recommendation for all of the their coffees and one that has caught my attention, Amaro Gayo from Ethiopia. Described; "Sweet, plush aroma with fruit flavors of blueberry, blood orange and dried cranberry with spicy qualities of mace and cacao. Possesses great structure which is splashy up front and builds into spicy tones in the long. Makes for a hefty single origin espresso."

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by LBIespresso replying to MSS »

I am a fan. My favorites so far are Dos Socios and Geshe Botto. I have not been disappointed by anything from them yet.
LMWDP #580

Advertisement
spressomon

#3: Post by spressomon »

We really enjoyed their natural Ethiopian Geshe Botto...tasted like "Juicy Fruit" gum if pulled at bullseye. Also enjoyed the two washed Ethiopian Kochere & Biftu Gudina...although I have a preference for natural processed fruit bombs so Geshe Botto was #1.
No Espresso = Depresso

isleofman

#4: Post by isleofman »

They are in my regular rotation. Very consistent high quality. When they promote a special coffee it is worth a try.

Note that shipping is not instantaneous. They roast Monday-Thursday and your order ships either the day it roasts or the next depending on if you got free shipping (oddly free ships on roast day, paid ships the next). If you order on Thursday it will roast on Monday and ship Monday or Tuesday (again dependent upon free/paid shipping). None of this is a problem assuming you rest your coffee a few days anyway. Just a heads up. I'm in the same state and was surprised that orders weren't getting to me within a day or two. Now that I know the drill I plan ahead a bit.