Anyone try Trade Coffee Co? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
trunks235

#11: Post by trunks235 »

Funny you brought this up... I put together a shopping cart for onyx coffee, then exited out once I saw the shipping costs. Good to know I have a way to get them now! I ended up buying from maquina since they offer free shipping.

What are your current go to roasters with reasonable shipping costs?

tglodjo (original poster)

#12: Post by tglodjo (original poster) replying to trunks235 »

That's exactly how I found Trade. Was trying to buy Onyx but kept being put off by shipping. I think I started this thread months ago and I've been happily using Trade ever since. Love that I can taste a variety of offerings from different roasters. I've been tempted to start a subscription, but honestly, just ordering 1 bag every 10-15 days (to maintain free shipping) is good enough for me.

Senftjc77

#13: Post by Senftjc77 »

I've been tempted to start a subscription, but honestly, just ordering 1 bag every 10-15 days (to maintain free shipping) is good enough for me.
I've been using the subscription for a while now. It's okay but i do think I'm going to cancel it and start manually ordering. The one real convenient part of the subscription is it tends to keep me on schedule to have one bag of coffee maturing while I work through another. That way I always seem to have a bag to open that is 7-10 days aged. But I don't always like what Trade picks for me. Honestly I probably wouldn't always like what I'd pick either. But I find myself wanting to read about the different options and make the choice myself. So all in all, I think you're doing it the right way.
Profitec Pro 700 / I'm learning

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by JohnB. »

If you would prefer to look at a lot of different coffees from a number of roasters instead of being "matched" try http://www.gocoffeego.com

They always have some free shipping deals plus you have a choice of bag size (12oz., 2lb, 5lb) with most coffees.
LMWDP 267