Anyone pull Counter Culture Apollo recently

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Mrbiglzwerth

#1: Post by Mrbiglzwerth »

I've been having a bit of trouble dialing in with this batch and was wondering what brew parameters folks are using. My parameters are 17g in, 34g - 36g out in 30 seconds at 203F. This ends up a bit bolder than I would like with tea notes. I'm not getting much sweetness. Previously I was using a longer brew ratio but the espresso was too thin and dry.

gophish

#2: Post by gophish »

I'm working through a bag right now, and I feel like I got pretty close this morning: 18.0 grams in an 18g VST : 45.1g out - 10s at 2.5bar (my line pressure) > 33s 8bar > 3-4s back at line pressure, using 200*F water.

This shot still had plenty of body and big, rich, but silky mouthfeel, so I think I can shoot for a higher yield around 50g out and get a bit more sweetness and transparency. I'll probably do this by cutting the pump sooner and allowing the trailing line pressure to run longer at the end of the shot.

It seems to be fairly tricky though, I'm drink it brewed through the V60 as well, and I don't feel like I've found a great recipe yet.
Versalab

Advertisement
Mrbiglzwerth (original poster)

#3: Post by Mrbiglzwerth (original poster) »

Thank you for the recommendation! How would you adjust this recipe if you didn't have the ability to control pressure? I have a Linea Mini running off the tank.