Any roasters offering "free shipping" with no minimum purchase? - Page 17

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jchung
Supporter ♡

Postby jchung » Jul 11, 2019, 8:34 pm

Randy G. wrote:To a great extent, this thread bewilders me. The price pr pound, to the door, is all that matters:

Total Delivered Price / pounds = price per pound.

Maybe at my age and situation my bewilderment level is more easily achieved at this time. :?

When I've looked at online roasters, the ones that don't charge additional for shipping seem to have a similar price / pound to those who do charge for shipping before the shipping is applied. At least thats been my experience. Of course it could also be that the roasters who don't charge for shipping may not have the same quality as those who do.

jbviau
Supporter ♡

Postby jbviau » Jul 12, 2019, 8:42 pm

rwgamer wrote:Modest coffee should be removed from the list. There is now a $35 limit for free shipping.

Done (thanks). Although maybe I should leave a few dead ends up to keep Randy on his toes... 8)
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

blondica73
Supporter ♡

Postby blondica73 » Yesterday, 3:30 pm

jchung wrote:When I've looked at online roasters, the ones that don't charge additional for shipping seem to have a similar price / pound to those who do charge for shipping before the shipping is applied. At least thats been my experience. Of course it could also be that the roasters who don't charge for shipping may not have the same quality as those who do.

Shipping is very expensive. For example, for 1 lb of coffee, usps, the cheapest, charges over $7 for shipping on the west coast, even more for shipping on the east coast, I live in Portland, OR.
Companies that don't charge shipping coasts either eat the shipping costs or raise prices.