8th Wonder from Ozo in Boulder, CO

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
MightyBandit

#1: Post by MightyBandit »

Anyone had this coffee before? This was the first espresso I had and was my gateway into the world. Wonder if anyone else has had it - and if there's any feedback if you have!

Airbornewilly
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Airbornewilly »

I've used it several times in the past. Nice espresso blend. I found it to be fairly forgiving when dialing it in.

MightyBandit (original poster)

#3: Post by MightyBandit (original poster) »

Nice!

Have you had any other espresso's with fairly similar flavor profiles? I'm pretty fond of this flavor. Also have you ground it on flat or conical (or both?) and noticed flavor differences between the two of them? Interested to learn more about this bean but also about dialing in.

Teamawe

#4: Post by Teamawe »

MightyBandit wrote:Anyone had this coffee before? This was the first espresso I had and was my gateway into the world. Wonder if anyone else has had it - and if there's any feedback if you have!
Did you have it in their shop? What flavors? I may drive up there and try it.

MightyBandit (original poster)

#5: Post by MightyBandit (original poster) »

I'm newer in my espresso journey so you will have to take what I say with a grain of salt. They have two options for espresso: Isabelle & 8th Wonder (I believe).

8th Wonder was a little lighter and fruitier to me than the Isabelle which I think they describe as more traditional. I haven't gotten any milk drinks with it, only the regular espresso. They do sell it as well, and I've purchased some for home use.

Teamawe

#6: Post by Teamawe »

I am only 6 weeks into real espresso, this is my first unpressurized basket. I have a bag from another roaster I received as a gift. Ran thru my old grinder and sealed bag up after I tasted. Ran thru my new grinder this morning and was shocked to find it fruity and floral. Wth, I thought it was an espresso blend!

Not sure I'm a fan of fruity espresso roasts. It is interesting to be able to pick out these different tasting notes, but to me an espresso roast/blend isn't fruity. I have single origin for that.