Voyager Espresso - NYC

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
salcangeloso

#1: Post by salcangeloso »

https://www.yelp.com/biz/voyager-espresso-new-york

Didn't see a thread on this place so I just wanted to let everyone know that it exists and it's fantastic. The shop is relatively new, it's not open on weekends, and it's hard to find (it's actually below ground, in a walkway to the 1/2/3 subway). The street address is no help at all, it's below that building and around the corner from the entrance. And there is no signage (apparently it's prohibited by the lease agreement).

Anyway, last time I went they were pulling awesome shots of Heart Espresso. The place is tiny and there are only about 4 seats, but I was able to park there with a buddy and have a couple of shots each (which I rarely do in one sitting). The staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

Have to make a trip back and see how things are going (they were closed today for Labor Day), but I do have high hopes for this being one of the best, if not the best, espresso stops downtown.
HG One / '85 Cremina / Thor 49mm tamper

mdecorte

#2: Post by mdecorte »

Full agreement. Voyoger is a very nice shop that's effectively in the subway. It is impossible to find but well with the effort. The only shop downtown (and few in NYC) that I know of with a focus on technique.