Correction: Tucson get-together in March

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
ilVecchio

#1: Post by ilVecchio »

I thought that I should move this to a completely new topic heading.

I'm offering our home/kitchen for a gathering in late February, and am suggesting Saturday, Feb. 27th as a date. There are a couple of caveats: I'll be recovering from cataract surgery from the previous week and will basically be operating with one eye, unable to do any lifting. Also, I need someone to organize and coordinate the event. I will purchase beans from Cafe Luce and Savaya, two of our local roasters.

What's the interest level?

Joel

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

ilVecchio wrote:...suggesting Saturday, Feb. 27th as a date... Also, I need someone to organize and coordinate the event. I will purchase beans from Cafe Luce and Savaya, two of our local roasters.

Joel
Haven't seen you since we cupped at Intelli in Chi-town many moons ago.

27 Feb? I will be in the air from MSP to TUC at that time.Headed to Bisbee. Could make Sat, 5 March. Would suggest just meeting up at a Tucson cafe? Crave or Savaya?

Just an option -- needn't plan around me if others find 27 Feb better.

Dave
-----
LMWDP #339

Advertisement
ilVecchio (original poster)

#3: Post by ilVecchio (original poster) »

March 5th works for me. My house has the advantage of multiple machines and grinders. Certainly we could follow up at Savaya after a lunch break.

The Bisbee roasters are roasting quite dark.

Joel

Boldjava

#4: Post by Boldjava replying to ilVecchio »

In for March 5 and your place. Kind offer. No need to go to Savaya afterwards.

Bisbee? I will have my own stash and some tea which will be aboard.
-----
LMWDP #339

ilVecchio (original poster)

#5: Post by ilVecchio (original poster) »

As far as I'm concerned let's make it March 5, and see what develops.

I have such fond memories of the time at Intelligentsia when we were all tasting for their proprietary blends. A few weeks earlier, I had tasted my first properly pulled shot at Cafe Italia in Elmwood Park. That's where I met Jim Schulman. I will invite him to join us.

Joel

Boldjava

#6: Post by Boldjava »

ilVecchio wrote:...That's where I met Jim Schulman. I will invite him to join us.

Joel
Cool. I met Jim at the Intelli cupping. They put a Peru on the table that was "meh." Jim looked at me and I looked at Jim. We were really surprised at it. 84 if I were generous.
-----
LMWDP #339

dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by dumpshot »

I am in for March 5th. Be good to see you again, Dave, and thanks again for hosting, Joel.

Pete
LMWDP #484

Advertisement
Boldjava

#8: Post by Boldjava »

dumpshot wrote:I am in for March 5th. Be good to see you again, Dave...
Yo, Pete! You are making the drive. Great.

My brother-in-law from the White Mountains is in as well (Gaggia Baby). Sounds like we have a meet-up.

Oh, catchers and pitchers report in 6 weeks. Life is good. Year of the Twins <sigh>.

Dave
-----
LMWDP #339

gophish

#9: Post by gophish »

Thanks for the offer to host, Joel!

I really want to attend, and was planning to, but I might have a conflict that first weekend in March. Of course it's the only conflict on my calendar so far this year... It sounds like the 5th works best for most though, I'll keep an eye on this thread and post if plans change.
Versalab

Boldjava

#10: Post by Boldjava »

gophish wrote:...It sounds like the 5th works best for most though, I'll keep an eye on this thread and post if plans change.
Hope the conflict resolves. Looking forward to it. I will keep a running list of attendees.
Also, I need someone to organize and coordinate the event.
I will be glad to coordinate. Joel has a ton of equipment. We could use:
1. Phoenix coffee
2. Some bagels, danish, doughnuts.

Suggest morning gathering and going out for lunch about 1.30p. Work?

March 5
ilVecchio Joel, home host
Dumpshot Pete, Phoenix
BoldJava Dave, St Paul visitor
Bob Pender, Lakeside (White Mountains), will be in Tucson with Dave
GoPhish Colin, Phoenix (possible)

Use PMs to exchange emails/phones.
-----
LMWDP #339