South Florida specialty coffee shops - Page 20

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Toxicswan

#191: Post by Toxicswan »

Subculture Coffee in Jupiter is absolutely amazing. I had one of the best pour overs I've ever had in a coffee shop. I enjoyed it so much I ordered a double espresso and to my surprise it was also amazing!! I highly recommend it.

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#192: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

Has anyone in Palm Beach Co. been to Pumphouse's new-ish cafe/pouratorium? Looks promising: https://pumphousecoffeeroasters.com/pages/cafe
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#193: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but All Day MIA is closing for good in a week. They had limited their food menu a few months ago, but I guess it wasn't enough.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzSB64wL5yx/?hl=en

objective1

#194: Post by objective1 »

no way that place was my go to to the point when i had business 45 minutes south of MIA, i'd still stay in downtown so i could hit the All Day before travelling south... <sigh> such a loss

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#195: Post by buckersss »

I went to Wells in Ft Lauderdale today. The location near the tracks, not the river. I picked up a bag of Guatemala and had a straight shot of the pedestrian blend.

There was maybe 20%+ robusta in the pedestrian blend. It was a well made shot. The barista was plenty capable.

The bag I picked up was 4 days off roast.

The shop was lively and nice. In transparency I only went because Calusa roasters was closed for the weekend.

Wells is not cheap. It's noticeably more expensive than Calusa for a bag when taking into account weight. I haven't made a cup from the bag I grabbed yet, but all indications point to me going back to Wells.

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#196: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

Quick heads up to note that Vice City (Miami) now serve their own roasts along with the usual guest roaster line-up. I haven't been down yet to try their new coffees. Anyone?

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#197: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

Update: I was finally able to drive down to Vice City's flagship Wynwood location this morning. I love it there. If I were closer, I'd definitely be a regular. Ordered a croissant and a really tasty cortado made with their own Guatemala. When I told the manager, Rachel, that I'd enjoyed the coffee and asked for more info., she said she was glad to hear I liked her dial-in. There were at least 10 cyclists chilling outside with drinks. In short, recommended (still).

leozava
Supporter ♡

#198: Post by leozava »

Any suggestions for Naples/ft. Meyers side of south Florida?

pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#199: Post by pcofftenyo »

Good luck Leozava. Makes it tough to be a snowbird, heh?

We're further north of there (Venice) and its a wasteland.

Unless of course you want French Roast and beyond which is what the two roasters there specialize in regardless of variety.

That's why I roast.

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#200: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

leozava wrote:Any suggestions for Naples/ft. Meyers side of south Florida?
Hi!

On the previous page, a member recommended Narrative in Naples: South Florida specialty coffee shops

There's also Kunjani: https://kunjaninaples.com/pages/naples-coffee-shop

I haven't tried either--let us know what you think if you visit, please.