South Florida specialty coffee shops - Page 18

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#171: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

^^^ Luis, thanks for the feedback! I really do need to get back up to Mane before long. Re: Breezeblock, I already had them listed in the first post, but I've just updated that entry with the current website. Re: Abra, I tried a few samples loooooong ago and am due to revisit; I see their current "old world" coffee is from Laos?!
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#172: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

Just a quick update to note that All Day, in Miami, is on pause again. Unfortunately it sounds like this will be a longer pause.

Link to story for more info.: https://www.miamiherald.com/miami-com/r ... 57503.html

Also, Composition, in WPB, has reopened.

La Marzocco · Home: customized for espresso aficionados
Sponsored by La Marzocco · Home
mathof

#173: Post by mathof »

My brother recently moved from Hawaii to Pompano Beach. Are there any coffee shops in his area that I can recommend to him? He is more familiar with pour-over (particularly Kona) than espresso.

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#174: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

^^^ Hi, Matt. Cool! I could be wrong, but I think he'll have to drive a little bit to get to somewhere good. I'd recommend MANE to the north (in Boca) or maybe Wells to the south (Ft. Lauderdale).

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#175: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

Sadly, I have to report that Grind in Ft. Lauderdale is on indefinite pause with a location change planned if/when reopening happens down the line. Just confirmed via phone.

emradguy
Supporter ❤

#176: Post by emradguy »

Oh, what a bummer! I loved visiting Grind whenever I was in town. :cry:

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#177: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

^^^ Speaking of Grind Coffee Project, Wells Coffee has a soft opening going on today for their second location...in Grind's old spot in Tarpon River! See social media for details.