South Florida specialty coffee shops - Page 17

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
false1001
Supporter ♡

#161: Post by false1001 »

I'm originally from Orlando and before COVID would frequently go back for visits... it's wild to see shops like Lineage and Deeply pop up on HB after quietly killing it for so long. FWIW, my sister is good friends with the husband and wife who own Lineage and not only do they do coffee the Right Way but they are fantastic employers who treat their employees very well.

Oh, and screw Foxtail. Just the worst.

Tall_Coffee

#162: Post by Tall_Coffee »

Another shoutout to Mane coffee. I lived in Ft Lauderdale and Delray for 11 years before moving to to Orlando 2 years ago. I wish Mane was open while i lived there. I go back down pretty frequently and always hit up Mane. In fact, i was there this past weekend and had an incredible flat white with single origin Tanzania. I really like how they have 3-Peaks ready to go. And they love to talk coffee.

As for the Orlando scene Lineage and Deeply are fantastic shops and consistently good. Another one i go to frequently is Fuelpresso on Aloma & Semoran. The owner(Chris) roasts in house and is really passionate about coffee (and cars).

And i agree with the comment above above Foxtail. I will not support that place

jbviau
Supporter ♡

#163: Post by jbviau »

Jealous! I haven't been out for a coffee since March. We're being really cautious here for various reasons. Anyway, I've ordered whole bean from Mane [delivered via USPS] so as not to be a stranger. I've also placed mail orders with Wells and Argyle.

Nick, if you're up for starting an Orlando-centric "specialty coffee shop" thread, I'd happily link to it here. I hardly ever get up to Orlando, but thanks to comments from you and others I definitely know which places to hit when the opportunity arises (thanks).
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

jbviau
Supporter ♡

#164: Post by jbviau »

jbviau wrote:Well, the timing is bad since I'm not about to make a gratuitous outing during the pandemic, but there's a new shop that just opened in Broward: https://www.kithco.coffee/

They serve Counter Culture in the space formerly occupied by Switchbox. Looks like they also sell flowers, serve alcohol, and plan to feature live music at night? Can't wait to swing by when it's safe(r).
^^^ Update: Kith & Co. is now Cyth and Co. (with new site: www.cythco.com). Since I'm back to in-person teaching not far from there (long story), I've taken out coffee from Kith/Cyth a few times. It's been good! Plus, the space is beautiful. Not that I'm allowing myself to sit and enjoy it like others seem to be doing...

In other news, Panther (out of Miami) is roasting Aida Batlle's selections now. Thanks to TomC for the heads up on this (link). I ordered some Indigo Reserve today out of curiosity about Batlle's "iced cascara" process.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias