SCAA Expo: "Must See" list

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
cebseb

#1: Post by cebseb »

I'll be attending the Expo this year and I've made a mistake of not having a plan in the previous years resulting in being overwhelmed. I'll be doing my best to avoid that this year by putting together a short list to keep me focused.

Friday:
Synesso Party at Synesso headquarters 7:00pm
La Marzocco party at The Foundry 8:30pm

Saturday:
Tbd

Sunday:

Espresso machines:
Synesso booth 806
La Marzocco booth 1207
Duvall Espresso booth H
Decent Espresso booth (location not confirmed yet)

Grinders:
Orphan Espresso booth 2408
Mahlkonig USA booth 1107

Roasters:
Mill City Roasters booth 2133
Ikawa booth 2624

Miscellaneous:
Aeropress booth 1800
Acaia booth 1927
Brewista booth 2506
Cafelat booth (not confirmed)
Decent Espresso booth (location not confirmed as of yet)

Coffee beans:
Eight ounce coffee supply booth 2719

Does anybody have anything to add to the list? I have no other plans at all and would like some input. Since I've started getting into roasting, I wouldn't mind any suggestions into booths or events to visit relating to that as well.

I'll see everyone there! Thanks!

Sebastian

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

Roasting? Meet Steve and Nick at Mill City Roasters. They have a 500g and up.
-----
LMWDP #339

cebseb (original poster)

#3: Post by cebseb (original poster) replying to Boldjava »

Ah yes! I have just started watching their YouTube roasting videos! It's crazy that they give that information out for free! Even though I'm not in the market to purchase another roaster, I'm definitely interested in meeting the group behind the company. I'm a big fan.

ben8jam

#4: Post by ben8jam »

cebseb wrote:I'll be attending the Expo this year and I've made a mistake of not having a plan in the previous years resulting in being overwhelmed. I'll be doing my best to avoid that this year by putting together a short list to keep me focused.

Friday:
Synesso Party at Synesso headquarters 7:00pm
La Marzocco party at The Foundry 8:30pm

Saturday:
Tbd

Sunday:
Synesso booth
La Marzocco booth
Orphan Espresso booth
Cafelat booth
Decent Espresso booth (location not confirmed as of yet)

Does anybody have anything to add to the list? I have no other plans at all and would like some input. Since I've started getting into roasting, I wouldn't mind any suggestions into booths or events to visit relating to that as well.

I'll see everyone there! Thanks!

Sebastian
Are the booths on Sunday not there on other days?

cebseb (original poster)

#5: Post by cebseb (original poster) replying to ben8jam »

Oh, I'm but a measly consumer and the ticket available for me to purchase is on Sunday only.

Ellejaycafe

#6: Post by Ellejaycafe »

I'm sure Astoria is there, stop by and check out the "storm." The machine has not been talked about a lot.... but it sure does seem like a winner to me.
LMWDP #544

cebseb (original poster)

#7: Post by cebseb (original poster) replying to Ellejaycafe »

Thats right. Thanks for heads up!

jbenson4

#8: Post by jbenson4 »

I suggest showing up early for the La Marzocco party. If it's anything like last year's, you'll stand in a line of 100+ people waiting to get in if you aren't there right when it opens. It was extra painful too, as the onlookers in line could see through windows at all the fun going on inside. They were at capacity and I think the party was too fun for much guest turnover.

cebseb (original poster)

#9: Post by cebseb (original poster) »

Great tip! I live locally so it will be easy to get there early. I'll probably have to ride my bike.

Ellejaycafe

#10: Post by Ellejaycafe »

cebseb wrote:Thats right. Thanks for heads up!
I've actually been waiting for the storm for a year and holding out on buying a machine for our new shop. It seems to tick every single box for me. I would be super interested to see one in real life..... if you do check out the machine, feel free to tell us about it!
LMWDP #544