SCAA Expo: "Must See" list - Page 4

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
cebseb (original poster)

#31: Post by cebseb (original poster) »

Marshall wrote:For the home barista who has everything, this beatiful, polished 500 mg Acaia calibration weight I snagged at 20% off https://goo.gl/images/YoMKXJ. It's protected by a zipped, padded cylindrical case.
Fantastic! I was eyeing that.

Paul_Pratt

#32: Post by Paul_Pratt »

cebseb wrote:
Miscellaneous:

Cafelat booth (not confirmed)

Sebastian
Sorry we were unable to get a stand this year. It was "fully booked" even the end of last summer and waiting list only. Since it has been in the same location the past 3 or 4 years all the booths seem to be locked down.

Advertisement
cebseb (original poster)

#33: Post by cebseb (original poster) replying to Paul_Pratt »

Wow. I was not aware of that. Trust that your presence was missed. I was also hoping to get a chance to try out your Robot in whatever state it is at the moment. I'll just have to continue to wait, with fistful of cash ready to throw your way whenever it becomes available.

RyanP

#34: Post by RyanP »

ben8jam wrote:Started the day at the La Marzocco Cafe, cool space. Meh espresso shot, but considering the line of people they were trying to work through (20 min wait to get a pour over) I give them a pass.

Finally got to see a La Mini up close!
Ben did you ask them about a couple things they said was sold out? Looking at the time stamp of your post I think I was standing right behind you in line. I remember them mentioning exactly a 20 min wait for a pournover to the guy in front of me. Would be a funny coincidence! Anyway, the cafe was the busiest I've ever seen it this morning. Usually very chill on a Friday morning.

ben8jam

#35: Post by ben8jam replying to RyanP »

No, I asked about their espresso they had.

Boldjava

#36: Post by Boldjava »

My newest kettle purchase! Brewista artisan in iridescent
Down the road, when you have time, how about a review on that kettle.'

Spout control. Temp precision. And ultimately, long term durability. TIA.
-----
LMWDP #339

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#37: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Is there any announcement on where it will be next year? My understanding is that it may not be Seattle but then will return the following year?
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Advertisement
Marshall

#38: Post by Marshall replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Boston, then Portland in 2020.
Marshall
Los Angeles

Marshall

#39: Post by Marshall »

Paul_Pratt wrote:Sorry we were unable to get a stand this year. It was "fully booked" even the end of last summer and waiting list only. Since it has been in the same location the past 3 or 4 years all the booths seem to be locked down.
Hope to see you in Boston next year, Paul!
Marshall
Los Angeles

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#40: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Marshall wrote:Boston, then Portland in 2020.
Thanks Marshall. So is Seattle not the home court anymore? Or is it back there again after these two?
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart