San Francisco Bay Area Lever fans (LMWDP)

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
rawman

#1: Post by rawman »

I can't help but notice how many SF Bay Area folks post here and have lever machines. We should get a list together and maybe eventually get together for a Lever machine meet and greet / get together. I may even be able to talk a local shop into letting us take over for a while. Is anyone interested in something like this?
LMWDP #189

Fullsack

#2: Post by Fullsack »

Nice idea. Sure, I'm in.
LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams

dick-san

#3: Post by dick-san »

Sounds like a good idea, I'm interested.

--dick

ManSeekingCoffee

#4: Post by ManSeekingCoffee »

Count me in, although I still need to actually get my number!

roastaroma

#5: Post by roastaroma »

Splendid idea, as I have a PV Lusso 2-group on the way. As for a venue, the only serious lever store in town is Thomas Cara, Ltd. near North Beach. I should warn you though, that Christopher (who actually runs the shop) takes a dim view of the sort of detail-obsessed fanatics who frequent online forums like this one! :lol:
"Non è la macchina, è la mano."
LMWDP #223

macgaggia

#6: Post by macgaggia »

good idea, would like to join in. hope you dont mind if i am german and move to santa rosa soon
ernst
LMWDP #059

rawman (original poster)

#7: Post by rawman (original poster) »

Hi,
As far as I'm concerned anyone who wants to come is welcome. I was considering a shop in the south bay, Santa Clara area. I haven't asked yet but will do that and post here.
Jon
LMWDP #189

rawman (original poster)

#8: Post by rawman (original poster) »

I talked to Andy and some others over at Barefoot Coffee Roasters in Santa Clara. They would be happy to host the event. They have a Lever in the back, but it's only used for special events. I forget which it is. Barefoot is a good place, friendly people, plenty of parking, good coffee. There is an area in the back we can use. Hope Santa Clara isn't too far to come down. The only issue may be power. I think he said we could power up 4 machines at a time, which should be plenty.

I'll be bringing the Cremina 2002 and the Elektra MCAL.
LMWDP #189

phillip canuck

#9: Post by phillip canuck »

Count me in!!

-phillip

Papaquebec

#10: Post by Papaquebec »

Count me in, but maybe for the second or third meeting. We live in Hawaii now, but will be back home (San Francisco born and raised) mid-August.

Patrick
LMWDP #191