San Francisco Bay Area Lever fans (LMWDP) - Page 5

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
breduta

#41: Post by breduta »

I dont have a lever machine, but Id be willing to come hang out.

danmc

#42: Post by danmc »

I will try to make it for a March date. Just finished going through the '95 Cremina which is more like a '97 with no pressure gauge.

rawman (original poster)

#43: Post by rawman (original poster) »

I'm waiting to hear back on confirmation for Sunday March 14th for this. I think that's going to be the day
LMWDP #189

yakster
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by yakster »

Great news, Jon, I've got La Peppina put back together and pulling great shots again. I think I'm getting a higher volume of water per pump with the new gaskets and washers... I still want to sand and paint over the rusted rim on the bottom of the kettle, but the hard part is over (I had to drill out one of the screws from the dispersion block and tap new threads).
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

rawman (original poster)

#45: Post by rawman (original poster) »

That's great that you got her back together Chris!
LMWDP #189

yakster
Supporter ♡

#46: Post by yakster »

Yeah, I'm pretty happy, but I quickly ran out of espresso, I had enough Moka Kadir left for two singles to celebrate getting her back together before the Wife called for a cappuccino... I think I only had eleven grams left for the double for her drink, but the shot looked good and from all reports it was a big hit. I came down to take a sip only to find an empty glass.

Shame on me for drinking the beans I roasted for espresso as coffee all week while rebuilding the machine. I was only getting coffee and bakers chocolate flavors from the Clever Coffee Dripper, but when I pulled this after nine days rest it was really nice with some brightness coming out that wasn't there in the CCD. Now I've got coffees resting that may or may not be great espressos, maybe a blend will amount to something:
  • FC Panama Lerida Estate - Honey processed
  • C+ Tanzanian Peaberry Songe
  • C Ethiopian Sidamo Korate - Natural Processed
  • FC Sumatra Mandheling - Dry Processed
I didn't get a chance this weekend to roast a Brazil, but I'm looking forward to pulling some commercially roasted Barefoot for a change.

<2/5 Update>
I got into some single SO espresso shots tonight with the Sumatra and Ethiopian beans after 5 days rest. The Sumatra was nice, the wife enjoyed her cappuccino enough that she asked for more coffee, so I made her another with a single shot I was getting ready to pull for myself and the rest of the soy. The Ethiopian was like a cup full of big, plump blueberries, nice but maybe just a little too much. I ended up blending the Sumatra, Ethiopian, and using the Panama as a base for my last shot (14 g double) that was pretty good.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

rawman (original poster)

#47: Post by rawman (original poster) »

Ok! while I was out of town last weekend, I heard back from Barefoot. They want to do this at 4pm on Sunday the 14th.

Hopefully people can come. Sound good? If possible I'd like to get a rough estimate of how many machines will be there, so I can send that to the folks at Barefoot.

Looking forward to seeing some folks there with their machines!

Jon
LMWDP #189

yakster
Supporter ♡

#48: Post by yakster »

Jon,

Sounds good, count me in with my La Peppina!

Any good tips for things to bring for a mobile session are appreciated... I'm used to pulling near a sink so I'll have to bring along some towels, etc. Should we bring our own water?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

breduta

#49: Post by breduta »

I'll be there with no machine though. Sounds like it will be a fun time. Youll know its me because Ill be wielding a dslr. Im pretty shy so feel free to say hi.

mokemo

#50: Post by mokemo »

rawman wrote:Ok! while I was out of town last weekend, I heard back from Barefoot. They want to do this at 4pm on Sunday the 14th.

Hopefully people can come. Sound good? If possible I'd like to get a rough estimate of how many machines will be there, so I can send that to the folks at Barefoot.

Looking forward to seeing some folks there with their machines!

Jon
What a coincidence! I just purchased my first lever machine (delivered today), a Conti Comocafe and need help learning how to pull a decent shot. Pencil me in for Sun. I've also been looking for an excuse to visit Barefoot. I will bring the Comocafe which seems to be in working order (pulled 3 shots tonight, 2 sinkers and one barely palatable). Besides the machine, tamper and step up transformer, what else do i need bring?