Salt Lake City Recommendations?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
mauijer

#1: Post by mauijer »

The last time I was in SLC was over 3yrs ago and Caffè d'Bolla was one of the only shops worth visiting for third wave espresso. In doing my due diligence prior to upcoming travel it appears there has been several shops pop up in the meantime. Can anyone make any solid recommendations? I saw there is Publik, Blue Copper Coffee Room, Three Pines, Hugo, The Rose establishment, La Barba... Are any of these worth visiting or purchasing beans from for espresso?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Capitol

#2: Post by Capitol »

Publik. Very good coffee, and friendly knowledgable baristas. The toast is good too. Both locations are equally as good, so take your pick.

Advertisement
mauijer (original poster)

#3: Post by mauijer (original poster) »

Thanks; I was going to start with Publik and work my way through the rest

Moots

#4: Post by Moots »

I used to spend a fair bit of time in SLC but that was up until 3 or 4 years ago and a lot will have changed. My favourite was Coffee Garden (next to the Tower Theatre on 900E 900S, not the one downtown). I also used to drop into the Raw Bean on the way to work each morning as it was next to my hotel. My preference was milk based espresso drinks (ie flat white) which can hide a lot of sins, so not sure how they would go with anything special.