Requesting a tip for passing through Portland, OR - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
jevenator

#21: Post by jevenator »

I heard PushXPull is really good for a light roast

Chert (original poster)

#22: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I read that Ristretto is shuttering. The details of the piece explain that more than COVID led to the demise apparently.
LMWDP #198

Dpk

#23: Post by Dpk »

Give good coffee a try! La Perlita, Deadstock & Upper Left Roasters.

Chert (original poster)

#24: Post by Chert (original poster) replying to Dpk »

Just did. My buddy was at Perlita and bought Suavecito blend medium roast . He brought it in to our noon espresso show .Their website of Reforma roasters suggests that the roaster chooses exclusively Mexican coffees and - judging from this blend - most excellent effect.

LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#25: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Sisters Portland and elsewhere seems to be on it, at least from this tasty offering from Finca Villaure Huehuetenango Guatemala that my colleague brought to our workespressobreak. Still tasty 30 days post roast! And he reports the cafe space is really great visited and seen not lingered in Covid lockdown.

LMWDP #198

cgibsong002

#26: Post by cgibsong002 »

Has anyone tried Thornton Family roasters in Beaverton? I got a recommendation from a barista at work saying it was their new favorite roaster in the area ahead of Proud Marys. I've tried them twice so far, one single origin that was possibly the best pourover I've had to date. I also tried a bag of their winter blend that i struggled with.

I didn't realize they have quite the experience with a former SCA president with decades of experience running things. I've also started to see their coffee being used in more and more cafes in the west side. But otherwise I've never heard of anyone talking about them. I'm interested in giving them a few more tries and curious to see what others have found as well.

Chert (original poster)

#27: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Oh, No! It's the wrong Portland!!!

But it sure looks good.

Tandem Cafe and Bakery mentioned in the Financial Times must visit cafes list
LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#28: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Sisters in the Pearl ?

They are hosting an interesting event July 7. I was just in Portland and will miss out on Guatemala auction coffee sampling there, but now they're higher on my list to visit.
LMWDP #198