Questions you want answered about the Linea Micra at La Marzocco's open house

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Frenchman

#1: Post by Frenchman »

The Micra will be at the La Marzocco's open houses. I am going to Seattle's on Saturday 11/12 (anybody else? It would be fun to meet) and am happy to proxy questions about the Micra. I can't promise I can get all the answers, but this thread will give me a list of questions to cover.
LMWDP #712

Frenchman (original poster)

#2: Post by Frenchman (original poster) »

The first request I saw and remember was side by side pictures with a Mini to compare sizes.
LMWDP #712

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

There's lots of questions in La Marzocco Linea Micra and review comments. If you want to pull the ones that interest you most from there and report back, you'll save us work. :D

As for comparing sizes, Lance and other YouTubers have included them in their videos. From the above thread:

Dan Kehn

drH

#4: Post by drH »

I'm still interested in learning the difference in flow rate between the Micra and Mini. Do they expect maintenance to be less on the new gicleur?

#5: Post by Frenchman (original poster) »

HB wrote:If you want to pull the ones that interest you most from there and report back, you'll save us work. : O
Sadly I don't think I will have the time, which is why I started this. I am also not shopping, so I didn't follow the threads closely and am not sure what the most popular questions are. This is all "best effort, no guarantees." :D
LMWDP #712

#6: Post by Frenchman (original poster) »

HB wrote:As for comparing sizes, Lance and other YouTubers have included them in their videos. From the above thread.
Wow, it's small. Very nice. Makes my Mini look like the very big thing it is.
LMWDP #712

Mike-R

#7: Post by Mike-R »

Frenchman wrote:The Micra will be at the La Marzocco's open houses. I am going to Seattle's on Saturday 11/12 (anybody else? It would be fun to meet) and am happy to proxy questions about the Micra. I can't promise I can get all the answers, but this thread will give me a list of questions to cover.
It would be interesting to hear La Marzocco's take on their short steam wand. I'm sure they did it purposefully. I'm guessing it's because they had less head room on the micra, and found that they weren't sacrificing anything if matched with the right jug?

Also, it would be interesting to know if the wand can be changed out with the longer wand from the mini. Even if the wand would not fit under the tray, it would be interesting to know if that was a possibility.

drH

#8: Post by drH »

What is the warranty length in the US?

#9: Post by Frenchman (original poster) »

Mike-R wrote:It would be interesting to hear La Marzocco's take on their short steam wand. I'm sure they did it purposefully. I'm guessing it's because they had less head room on the micra, and found that they weren't sacrificing anything if matched with the right jug?
I didn't get an "official" LM answer, but the wand wouldn't clear the tray if it were any longer. It also seems plenty long to me for traditional milk drinks. It would totally work for me.
Mike-R wrote: Also, it would be interesting to know if the wand can be changed out with the longer wand from the mini. Even if the wand would not fit under the tray, it would be interesting to know if that was a possibility.
Doesn't look like it. If you really wanted something longer, you could probably have someone machine a threaded extension that would go between the end and tip?
LMWDP #712

#10: Post by Frenchman (original poster) »

drH wrote:What is the warranty length in the US?
13 months from time of order.
LMWDP #712