Orange County, CA Coffee Shop Recommendations

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
zero610

#1: Post by zero610 »

Anyone have a few good coffee shop recommendations in the Orange County, CA area? I'll be here for a few days so would like to try a couple. Brew / Pour Over focused - I'm not into espresso drinks.

Thanks in advance.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Klatch Coffee in Laguna Beach for certain.

The best latte Ive ever been served from a cafe came from Klatch in Rancho Cucamonga.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

Hidden House Coffee in San Juan Capistrano is a nice café in a historic old house so it has a great setting. The coffee's good too and they do pour over. The location sells it for me, not as fond of their other locations.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Codex

#4: Post by Codex »

Daydream Surf Shop in Costa Mesa has some fantastic baristas. Hopper and burr in Santa Ana is also top notch.

beer&mathematics

#5: Post by beer&mathematics »

yakster wrote:Hidden House Coffee in San Juan Capistrano is a nice café in a historic old house so it has a great setting. The coffee's good too and they do pour over. The location sells it for me, not as fond of their other locations.
Also highly recommend the SJC Hidden House location. Coffee is pretty good but location is a gem.
LMWDP #431

beer&mathematics

#6: Post by beer&mathematics »

Portola was pretty good for last 5 or so years. Haven't been there recently and they have expanded so not sure about all their locations but it's worth a try
LMWDP #431

SutterMill

#7: Post by SutterMill »

Bodhi Leaf coffee. Several locations in OC. If you stop by the shop in Orange you can buy green coffee beans in back.

If you get as far south as Oceanside, the Nautical Bean coffee shop in Oceanside harbor is excellent and the owner is a coffee nut. Also they frequently have bands play friday/Saturday evenings.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by yakster »

I only visited Bodhi Leaf coffee once, but I remember it being good. The setting was good with a view of all the bags of green coffee in the warehouse.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

jdrobison

#9: Post by jdrobison »

It really depends where in OC you want to go. The top 2 shops are Hopper and Burr in Santa Ana and Bear Coast in San Clemente and Dana Point (San Clemente is the best setting of any, hands down). Hopper and Burr doesn't do manual brew but their batch is better than 9 out of 10 pour-overs you'll find.

KIT Coffee in Newport Beach does a good hand-pour and very high quality coffee. They also have a good kitchen (plus only a minute away from Sidecar doughnuts!).

H&B and KIT are multi-roasters, rotating through great coffees regularly. BC recently started roasting in-house and are doing a great job of it.

Hidden House also does a good job and their outdoor setting at the San Juan Capistrano location is second only to Bear Coast, San Clemente. Hidden House in Santa Ana has a nice outdoor patio, too.

There are others, too, but really OC is pretty broad so it would help to know if you're narrowing it down to a smaller area.