NYC/Long Island Get-together?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
LICoffeeClub

#1: Post by LICoffeeClub »

Hey all, I'm a new member/long-time lurker that dove into espresso for the first time about a year ago. I've done a fair bit of reading on this stuff, but I've always felt that nothing beats in-person experience.

Is there anyone in the Long Island/NYC area that would be interested in getting together sometime to share espresso or pour-over/drip/immersion coffee? (Assuming your machine and grinder are relatively portable...)

I'm quite happy with my current espresso, but I'd like to hear the opinion of others who are more experienced to see how I can make my espresso even better and taste what others think is great espresso. I have a La Pavoni Milano and Pharos 2.0, both of which are quite portable, and beans are pretty inexpensive to share :D

I suspect this could be a great opportunity to swap beans and mix and match grinders with different machines to do some taste exploration that isn't really possible through typical online galavanting. I don't currently have a venue in mind, but I'm sure that could be figured out if we can get enough people interested. So, who's up for it?

culturesub

#2: Post by culturesub »

Would be open to doing this sometime in the new year! I have a ton of pour over gear and a much coveted Monolith Flat Max, with tons and tons of beans.

LICoffeeClub (original poster)

#3: Post by LICoffeeClub (original poster) replying to culturesub »

Sweet! I'd be real interested to see what the Flat Max can do, especially on my LP. Really, really nice grinder.

After the new year sounds reasonable. Let's see if we can get some others on-board as well.

max

#4: Post by max »

I'd be happy to join as well! But Long Island is a little far for me.

guydebord

#5: Post by guydebord »

I can host as long as we aren't too many... Im in Downtown Brooklyn a very short walk from every major subway/train line (A, C, G, 2, 3, 4, 5, Q, R, N, B, D and LIRR around BAM/Atlantic/Dekalb) and have a Monolith MC3, Forte BG and a Bianca but not a lot of pour over stuff besides an EKG.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

DavidGinNYC
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by DavidGinNYC »

Hi everybody. I'm in Manhattan, and I'm interested in joining. If we do it somewhere out of the city, I'll drive and bring my machine (nothing exotic, a Profitec Pro 500 PID and Ceado E37S). Or I could even host a small group some evening at my place near Union Square.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by LBIespresso »

Date dependent, but count me in. I'll roast some coffee and bring some more stuff as well.
LMWDP #580

LICoffeeClub (original poster)

#8: Post by LICoffeeClub (original poster) »

Awesome! Seems like we're pulling together some interesting equipment to pair up. I'm willing to drive my stuff out to the city area if necessary. I assume that most people will probably end up being located in the Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens area.

Sharp

#9: Post by Sharp »

Hi all,

I am new to all this and generally clueless, but would be great to meet up. I am in Long Island.

Have a Lelit Bianca and a Niche Zero.

DavidGinNYC
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by DavidGinNYC »

I can't speak for everybody in the city, but for me if I'm going to bring my machine, it's actually easier to do it outside of the city. That way I can throw it in the car and drive. If it's in Manhattan, especially, driving will be a challenge and I'll have to figure out how to load my stuff into an Uber. I generally never drive within the city, just when I'm leaving it.

So I'm happy to do it in LI as well.