NYC/Long Island Get-together? - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
LBIespresso

#21: Post by LBIespresso » Jan 06, 2020, 8:05 am

LICoffeeClub wrote:Agreed, seems we're slowly approaching maximum capacity unless someone has a sizable venue for us to use. Any time after noon should be fine for me, though weekend would work best.

I've created a google form to help us aggregate and organize preferred days/times, establish a head count, and identify available hosts and their respective guest capacities. Email addresses are not collected and we should all be able to see the responses. Feel free to use your HB username or whatever you're comfortable with to identify yourself on the form.

We'll figure out a specific date once we know what time/day of the week works for everyone.

https://forms.gle/u4oDCAAgkh1vgQah8
Put me down as a most likely yes. My availability is more specific date dependent than day/time dependent since I don't have a consistent schedule. I prefer weekdays but again, will likely be able to attend whenever it is.
LMWDP #580

michael

#22: Post by michael » Jan 06, 2020, 11:32 pm

I'd like to come if it's not to late

Is it going to be in nyc or Long Island

Love to check out the MAX

LICoffeeClub

#23: Post by LICoffeeClub » Jan 08, 2020, 11:47 pm

Alright, so far 5 of 7 people who have responded to this thread (beside myself) have submitted a response to the google form, and it looks like 9am or 1pm on a Saturday would be best. I'm rather partial to 1pm, but I'm willing to go with 9am if there's a majority for that.

It seems there are two possible hosts with sufficient capacity, and since the google form did not associate answers with names, it'd be appreciated if you could identify yourselves, your parking situations, and I suppose any thoughts as to whether we should go with you or the other person.

Other than that, we just need to decide which Saturday works best: January 18, 25, or February 1? (I could also do January 11, but I'm doubtful that we can get everyone up to speed by then). Any day should otherwise work fine for me!

DavidGinNYC

#24: Post by DavidGinNYC » Jan 11, 2020, 8:07 am

Thanks again for doing this, Nick.

I'm pretty agnostic about time of day. Right now I think I could do the 18th or the 25th. Feb. 1 is possible, but I might be severely jet lagged. Then again, maybe an espresso get-together is just what I'd need!

David

LBIespresso

#25: Post by LBIespresso » replying to DavidGinNYC » Jan 11, 2020, 5:30 pm

All of those dates work for me. Slight preference for earlier in the day but could make 1PM work. Have we decided that this will be on a Saturday? I am available the next few Saturdays so that would be good for me.
LMWDP #580

LICoffeeClub

#26: Post by LICoffeeClub » Jan 12, 2020, 5:32 pm

DavidGinNYC wrote:Thanks again for doing this, Nick.

I'm pretty agnostic about time of day. Right now I think I could do the 18th or the 25th. Feb. 1 is possible, but I might be severely jet lagged. Then again, maybe an espresso get-together is just what I'd need!

David
No problem, David! I'm just happy to have found a willing group of people to come together and share their experience/equipment. Should be a fair bit of fun.

I'm open for any day, so let's see how soon everyone else chimes in.