NYC Cafe Recommendations

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
jdrobison

#1: Post by jdrobison »

I haven't been to New York for half a decade and heading there this weekend. I'll be staying around Midtown West and looking for recommendations for great coffee. Thanks!

miclee15
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by miclee15 »

My go to whenever in the midtown area is Culture Espresso. They were one of the first true espresso places I went to. No flavored coffees, just great basics. Their chocolate chip cookies are the best. They have a few locations now so look them up.

objective1

#3: Post by objective1 »

was always a fan of Knave... cute little spot in a hotel... but good mouthfeel, rich ristrettos more like 17th foot ceiling at blue bottle mission location in san fran (but not quite as good) or espresso vivace in seattle

dtcofdee

#4: Post by dtcofdee »

I really enjoy the Black Fox. The 55th street location has a 3-group Kees van der Westen, and if Kylian is there you're in for a treat as he definitely knows how to use it. It's also a great atmosphere, outdoor but protected from rain and sun.

Their other locations are great too, although I've only been to those once or twice and it's been a while.

NYFilter93

#5: Post by NYFilter93 »

Suited in FiDi is the only place in NYC (as I know) to offer Filter 3.0 on the decent and has an excellent selection of offerings.

If you don't mind the trip to Brooklyn, Dayglow in Bushwick has a great variety of internationals roasters and an interesting speciality drink menu. It's also close to Sey and Loveless so you can hit up two local roasters as well.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by LBIespresso replying to NYFilter93 »

Love Suited. That place is great. Alita in Brooklyn has filter 3.0 too.
LMWDP #580

jdk24

#7: Post by jdk24 »

Also love Suited. They have a great selection, especially light espressos.

NYFilter93

#8: Post by NYFilter93 »

I knew Alita uses Decent for their espresso, but didn't realize they started doing Filter 3.0

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by LBIespresso replying to NYFilter93 »

I was there with a friend of the shop and they did it for us. Not sure if it is on the menu but I just assumed it was.

Edit: I just looked at the photo section of their website and there is one with a paper cup on a scale reading 65 grams and still going...looks like it could be filter 3.0 to me but it could be an allongé
LMWDP #580

gritts

#10: Post by gritts »

The aesthetic and pastries are top notch at La Cabra, but the filter and v60s were both disappointing to me. I was happy with the espresso though!