Northeast Ohio Coffee Shops

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
DoubleR
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by DoubleR »

I'll be heading to Northeast Ohio to visit family for Thanksgiving. I'll be in the Hudson for around one week. Does anyone have any good coffee shop recommendations where I can get a nice espresso? I'll be bringing my Aeropress, Comandante, and some beans just in case, but was hoping to check out some local shops as well.
LMWDP #755

PaulTheRoaster

#2: Post by PaulTheRoaster replying to DoubleR »

https://www.heartwoodroastery.com/ is decent.
https://www.duckrabbitcoffee.com/ if you're passing through Cleveland is a must.

AGramata

#3: Post by AGramata »

In addition to Heartwood that was mentioned above, Open Door Coffee Company is right on the square in Hudson. Those would probably be the two closest to you. I don't believe open door roasts their own beans, though.

If you have time, drive about 10 mins from Hudson and check out Bent Tree Coffee Rosters in Kent. They roast everything in house and they would be my #1 recommendation.

new2espresso

#4: Post by new2espresso »

Looking forward to checking out those recommendations. I'm also headed there for the holidays.
Thank you!
Kind regards,
Karan

DoubleR (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by DoubleR (original poster) »

Thank you. I'll check out the Hudson ones for sure and see if I can make it to the others. I'll report back if there is something worth posting.
LMWDP #755

travis_rh

#6: Post by travis_rh »

I'm a little late, but maybe still helpful for the future. Closer in to Cleveland is Phoenix. They have a few locations, but nothing all that near to Hudson. Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree with the DuckRabbit recommendations. Beyond those, I'm not aware of much, but I'm also not getting back there very often these days.

RyanJE

#7: Post by RyanJE »

It's really slim pickings around here! Other than what others mentioned, if you head near downtown check out rising star... but Heartwood is right in Hudson.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

new2espresso

#8: Post by new2espresso »

Excellent coffee at duck rabbit. Their seasonal espresso was perhaps the best one I've had all year.
Kind regards,
Karan

RyanJE

#9: Post by RyanJE »

Also, there is Lionheart coffee downtown. I'm case you find your way there.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....