New England Get Together - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by Brewzologist »

Cool! Will definitely make SCA at least on the weekend days

jtferraro

#12: Post by jtferraro »

I'd be interested in a NE GTG as well. I was disappointed to miss the last SCA Expo (April, 2019?), so would really like to make this one and meet a few of you. Keep me posted (I'll check back too!).
-Jeff

IamOiman (original poster)
Team HB

#13: Post by IamOiman (original poster) »

hmm, I like the idea of doing this near the SCA event in April. That would also give people enough time to plan around the get together. I am also open to hosting in late March. Depending on response I will plan around those with the best availability with others.

I am inserting a when2meet to make things easier to track. There is no password, you just enter you name to sign. To indicate you can attend the date just fill in the hour block to green. I currently have the weekend of the SCA Boston event as not available but if enough people can attend perhaps I can make one of the days the HB event during this time.
https://www.when2meet.com/?14299234-4dtTQ
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

max

#14: Post by max »

I'm interested in meeting other around here. Have a Lagom P64 if that's of interest. My other stuff is in storage in Europe.

I'll 100% be at the SCA. The Sunday price is a fraction, so probably then.

jtferraro

#15: Post by jtferraro »

Darn, I'm going to miss the SCA Expo again, as it seems the event always coincides with the week my daughters have their spring school vacation! :(
-Jeff

ira
Team HB

#16: Post by ira »

I'll be in Boston near the convention center From Thursday evening till Sunday afternoon for SCA.

Ira

lloito

#17: Post by lloito »

Planning on attendung SCA on Sunday.

Team HB

#18: Post by IamOiman (original poster) »

I will be at SCA on Saturday if anyone happens to be there then
-Ryan
LMWDP #612

Team HB

#19: Post by IamOiman (original poster) »

I managed to slip into SCA 2022 in Boston today, and let's just say I met a few people. Kent Bakke was probably the biggest contact in terms of old lever machines, but I also met Doug and Barb at Orphan Espresso and lots of other friends from various sectors, including a nice representative of MUMAC and Maltoni. There was an early 2 group Faema Marte (easily discernable with the grill attaching to the drip tray and the flat base) hanging out too. Sorry I did not run into any fellow HB'ers!

-Ryan
LMWDP #612

ira
Team HB

#20: Post by ira »

You did actually, we just didn't realize we were both HB. Maybe at the OE booth.

Ira