Netherlands and Paris

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Carneiro

#1: Post by Carneiro »

Hey, fellow HBers.

My wife and I will visit Den Haag, Leiden, Amsterdam and Paris next days, with most days in Amsterdam and last 4 in Paris.

Is there any tips on good and great coffee around? Plus, if anyone likes to meet, we can plan a cup of coffee together!

zeb

#2: Post by zeb »

What a deception we won't meet when you will only be 3 hours train from me :(

I wish you a good trip and good journey in rainy Europe Marcio :lol:

Advertisement
dynamiteid

#3: Post by dynamiteid »

Hi. My wife and I were in Amsterdam in October. We hit 3 shops, and they were all great:
Naked Espresso - Close to the central Station. Has a Slayer Steam. Our Barista was competing in the Netherlands Barista Championship.
White Label Coffee - Great house roasted coffee and great Baristas.
Scandinavian Embassy Coffee - Close to the Museums. Very hipster. Feels like you are in a Portland Cafe. Good coffee and excellent small plate breakfasts. Very popular.

I hope that helps.

Dave

Lacoffee

#4: Post by Lacoffee »

I really enjoyed Die Koffie Salon - dekoffiesalon.nl . Good espresso and fantastic stroopwaffels. Cool space too.
In Paris my favorites are - 1. coutume cafe on Rue Babylon. coutumecafe.com . Australian owner, they roast. Great food - great pastry (patisserie des reves). 2. kbcafeshop.com over on Rue Des Martyrs. great spot, great flat white. 3. Also Cafe otto (formerly Le Bal Cafe) near avenue de clichy - bal.fr . 4. Cafe De Flore over in saint germaine - expensive, but classic. And honestly a great coffee drink.

Kind of depends on what part of paris you are in, but sadly, when we lived there we had to make these places destinations because so many "traditional" cafes serve horrific coffee.
Andrew

NossaCoffee
Sponsor

#5: Post by NossaCoffee »

Boot cafe in Paris is great. Close to Le Marais. Another good one in Montmartre, just south of Anvers station (also a good bakery another block south).

erik82

#6: Post by erik82 »

Try Bocca (kerkstraat 96) and especially Caffenation (Warmondstraat 120) when you're in Amsterdam. They're the best shops in Amsterdam. White Label is also nice.

You can go to Borgman Borgman (Nieuwe Rijn 41) or Chummy Coffee (Breestraat 97) in Leiden.

bmorton

#7: Post by bmorton »

Here's my list (and Google map) of places to get good coffee in Paris. I started with an article in Time Out Paris, and added some places from a few other sources. I believe I've tried all of them except for Eggs and co and the Hardware Société Paris, and can recommend them. Unfortunately I will not be in Paris until June 11th, so I won't be able to meet you there. Good luck, and have fun!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Wcfx ... sp=sharing