Mission Coffee in Colorado Springs

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
~clover

#1: Post by ~clover »

For anyone looking for a good coffee shop in the Colorado Springs area, check out Mission Coffee Roasters (on Ridgeline Drive right off Voyager Pkwy). I live in PA and went there a couple years ago when I was just starting to get into espresso and remembered liking them... I'm back in CO again on vacation and have went there several more times to try them out again. The barista's there are very friendly and knowledgeable about their coffees, the beans are fresh and they're using quality equipment (LaMarzocco espresso machine (linea I think?) and what looked like a Mazzer super jolly for the grinder). They do their own roasting as well and it looks like it's done on a Diedrich (saw it sitting in the back of the shop). They use the proper sizes for their drinks and don't overload them w/ a ton of milk and crap unless you ask them to. I got a double espresso and it was delicious (even my sister who never drinks coffee straight liked it) and I got a cortado that was just as good. Didn't see any recommendations on here for shops in CO Springs area, so just wanted to post this for anyone else visiting the area or just other people looking for a good shop around here.

JR_Germantown

#2: Post by JR_Germantown »

~clover wrote:Didn't see any recommendations on here for shops in CO Springs area, so just wanted to post this for anyone else visiting the area or just other people looking for a good shop around here.
We had a pretty active discussion here just recently about CO, including the Springs. I think Mission was mentioned.

Jack

plumbfire01

#3: Post by plumbfire01 »

Awesome! I use mission for my firehouse and some home coffee. The Peru/Brazil roast is money for espresso. Good people and they ship all over.

karl_a_hall

#4: Post by karl_a_hall »

While Mission is ok, directly across the street is Cafe Velo which has even better coffee. They have a synesso and well trained baristas. I don't always love their bean selection which they use for espresso, but its good overall.