Minneapolis cafes for pressure profiled shot? Or workshop like environment

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
truemagellen

#1: Post by truemagellen »

I'm a lever guy my self and have checked out Fivewatt, Dogwood, Rustica, Wesley Andrews, and Quixotic coffee but none seem to over a profiled shot beyond what the Synessos and Lineas have to offer.

Any places recommended?

MNate

#2: Post by MNate »

I don't know if any. Wesley Andrews would have to be closest since they use a Slayer but I don't think they push the Slayer style too far. Maybe the right barista in there at slow times could chat about it. Everyone else is even more standard. Spyhouse is, of course, good. I often like Angry Catfish, Up could be more Workshop-like as they do some repairs as well. I don't know... you're right, not offered, that I know of.

Advertisement
truemagellen (original poster)

#3: Post by truemagellen (original poster) replying to MNate »

Thanks I forgot to mention spyhouse and angry catfish. I didn't know WA had a Slayer as I thought they had a La Marzocco when I was in there. Wonder if there is a Facebook group or something for us.

MNate

#4: Post by MNate »

truemagellen wrote:Wonder if there is a Facebook group or something for us.
I don't know if any Facebook group or anything, though we could start one. We did do a get-together at a coffee shop once which was pretty fun. I was thinking we should do a roasting demo at Mill City Roasters sometime, but then I'd probably want to buy a roaster...

truemagellen (original poster)

#5: Post by truemagellen (original poster) »

Ha yes me too. I used to get together with someone on here a decade ago. He roasted ok on a behmor and tasted amazing. He would roast two batches of different beans or same beans different settings and then mix them up. We both had commercial Rancilio machines at the time.