Interested in San Francisco / Oakland get-together? - Page 5

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#41: Post by yakster »

Great, PM @JokerJacket your email address to get on the email thread. Maybe we can carpool, if there's enough room.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Balthazar_B

#42: Post by Balthazar_B »

yakster wrote:Thinking about maybe bringing my Bullet roaster.
That would be awesome! Just curious, when it travels, what does it take to set up? Just an open window, a length of flexible exhaust hose, and juice? Does an ordinary 15A circuit work, or is 20A better?
- John

LMWDP # 577

yakster
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by yakster »

It hasn't traveled since I brought it home from Sweet Maria's. My exhaust hose is mounted to the ceiling, but it runs off a standard 120v 15A outlet.

I'll see if I can bring a cart and maybe we can set it up near a door or something.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

TenLayers (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by TenLayers (original poster) »

Chris,
Really, it won't be a problem. We roast inside all the time and it has not been an issue. If the Bullet puts out too much, we can move you to the outside garden courtyard that's between the front studio and the back living space building. And I have rolling carts and shop tables as well.

MB

#45: Post by MB »

Looking forward to this on Saturday November 16. Things are shaping up nicely in the email group. PM JokerJacket your email address to get on the email thread and for particulars.

There's something for everyone:
Espresso drinks to taste from both vintage and modern machines.
Grinders - Monolith, Niche Zero, etc.
Beans - Home Roasted, Specialty SO, etc.
Roasting at the event
Tasty food
LMWDP #472

sosha

#46: Post by sosha »

Boy, that date snuck up on me. I'm hoping to join everyone this Saturday! I'll read through the thread, and see what I can offer to share with everyone.
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

MB

#47: Post by MB »

That was fun. Thanks to Paul and his SO for hosting!
LMWDP #472

doubleOsoul

#48: Post by doubleOsoul »

It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I usually take a lot of pics to share but didn't today so hopefully someone can post a pic or 2 of the event. Chris, thanks for roasting up a storm and Matt for use of your Londinium lever.
Thank you Paul for sharing your really great space. The red brick walled warehouse was a fantastic aesthetic for a home barista event.
And now ... looks like I'm buying a Niche Zero grinder (dang it) lol!

Balthazar_B

#49: Post by Balthazar_B »

doubleOsoul wrote:It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I usually take a lot of pics to share but didn't today so hopefully someone can post a pic or 2 of the event. Chris, thanks for roasting up a storm and Matt for use of your Londinium lever.
I generally take lot of photos, too, but took only one today, of Paul's stupendous, hand-built bar:

Then I got distracted with all the good coffee, the edible goodies, and the fantastic conversations, until it was time to go home. I know others were taking photos (maybe videos too?), so hope they post some in the thread.
Thank you Paul for sharing your really great space. The red brick walled warehouse was a fantastic aesthetic for a home barista event.
And now ... searching for a good price on a Niche Zero grinder (dang it) lol!
Thanks to everyone who showed up! Got to mess with some cool equipment (and kudos to Chris for schlepping his Bullet all the way from San Jose...terrific to see it in action, and note to self to acquire one someday). And special thanks especially to Paul and Annie for graciously providing their *awesome* space and their wonderful hospitality! Really enjoyed hanging with all the Bay Area folks who contribute so much to Home-Barista!
- John

LMWDP # 577

yakster
Supporter ♡

#50: Post by yakster »

I don't know when so wiped out, but I had a blast, thanks so much Paul and Anne for hosting.

It was a lever fest and it was great to meet new people and enjoy some treats.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272