Interested in San Francisco / Oakland get-together? - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
MB

#11: Post by MB »

November 16 & 23 both work for me too.
LMWDP #472

elusiven

#12: Post by elusiven »

I'm interested (and either of those dates work). Dumb question: what exactly does one do at these get-togethers? Is it just social/nerding out about espresso/kit, or is it more focused, with like an overarching theme and people bring gear?
LMWDP #497

MB

#13: Post by MB replying to elusiven »

I imagine it can vary, but the one I attended was fun. There was a good mix of serious coffee people and a few newbie friends. People brought some awesome eats. I brought my home built grinder, and another person brought their Monolith. I got to play barista on a Elektra Micro Casa a Leva. I only knew people beforehand through the forum, but quickly felt comfy with how friendly everyone was. Got to try some home roasted coffees and see some cool collectible machines the host had. She had so many machines, there was no need/room to bring any, but at the warehouse space, I think people could bring gear if Paul has counter/table space, power and is encouraging.
LMWDP #472

doubleOsoul

#14: Post by doubleOsoul »

Since Randy and Danny were the only ones who could make the rescheduled event this spring in Sac, I'm still wanting a get together and would be interested in attending (any of the suggested dates would be fine with me). I will have my Velox up and running which might have some odd logistics but I could figure it out to bring or I could bring the Stefano Ugolini or the Verticale or the Olympia Club. I have plenty of odd old levers worth bringing and I could organize the get together as well since I have 2 under my belt.

TenLayers (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by TenLayers (original poster) »

I have the counter space and there are enough separate 20 amp circuits to have probably 5 or 6 machines going at once. I'm just talkin' outta my ass at this point, but I'll approach Sweet Maria's, who is right around the corner from me, if they would want to do some roasting event. Again, I'm just making this up and have no idea what they would say.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by yakster »

I can bring my Robot, do you have a kettle or should I bring one too?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

TenLayers (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by TenLayers (original poster) »

Yep, I have kettles.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by baristainzmking »

I can do either one of the dates.
Julia

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by mgwolf »

Sounds fun, I can make either of those dates in November. I could bring a Niche grinder if anyone would like to see it.

thoang77

#20: Post by thoang77 »

Depending on time, I could be able to make it out as well!