Identifying H-B members in a coffee event crowd

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
farmroast

#1: Post by farmroast »

I went to 2 open house coffee events yesterday and knew there were other H-B members in the house. But how to identify them short of "yelling out", that would be out of line. One member found me when he overheard me mention the "Strega".
Got me thinking of some subtle identifier. A visible H-B tattoo seems a bit extreme as would some sort of H-B gangwear clothing. The best I can come up with would be a small H-B enameled lapel type pin.
any thoughts?
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

Possepat

#2: Post by Possepat »

A pin is a great idea. Here in Nova Scotia we speakers of minority languages (Acadian French/Scottish Gealic) have small lapel pins to signify to other people that we are speakers. It works great and is a very nice ice breaker.
"Do what you want, you're gonna do it anyways!" - My father

LMWDP #365

TomC
Team HB

#3: Post by TomC »

Ed you weren't wearing the anointed yellow bandana of HB? Are you not in the inner circle? :mrgreen:
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

jbviau
Supporter ★

#4: Post by jbviau »

Secret handshake?
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

farmroast wrote:The best I can come up with would be a small H-B enameled lapel type pin.
My quick search found lots of custom lapel pin purveyors in the $250 range for a quantity of 100. If a few get-together organizers are willing to go in for 20+ pins, I'll organize a group buy. :)

Sample starting points for round (left) or rectangular pin (right)
Dan Kehn

farmroast (original poster)

#6: Post by farmroast (original poster) »

HB wrote:My quick search found lots of custom lapel pin purveyors in the $250 range for a quantity of 100. If a few get-together organizers are willing to go in for 20+ pins, I'll organize a group buy. :)

<image> <image>
Sample starting points for round (left) or rectangular pin (right)
thanks Dan!
It seems you can get custom shapes too so maybe the H-B tamper logo could be made to the tamper outline shape? 8)
maybe we have a member who knows about the lapel pin biz and maybe a connection?
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

TheSunInsideYou

#7: Post by TheSunInsideYou »

I'd definitely be in. But, unfortunately, I don't represent a group. But I will join forces if the kool-aid is good enough. :lol: :wink:

-Dave-
Caffeine is proof that God loves us.

ex trahere

#8: Post by ex trahere »

I would totally rock that pin. Maybe we could even get a certain resident member to turn some wooden medallions which could then be laser engraved with the HB logo and given few coats of varnish. Some serious "barista bling" to quote Dan fom the beginning of Dave's thread. :D
A posse ad esse

yakster
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by yakster »

I'd be down for a pin, maybe an Inker Ishia demitasse with the logo on a lanyard too.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

iginfect

#10: Post by iginfect »

I'd be in but the only coffee gathering I go to is in Durham in Dec around Chanukah at Counter Culture. How about an optional skunk? Saw one at my retiring day from the prison where I worked p/t.

Marvin