I Converted a Spartan Trailer into a Coffee Shop in Austin, TX - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Donguanella
Supporter ♡

Postby Donguanella » Aug 08, 2019, 2:15 pm

Congrats! This is amazing. Loved the photo post!

You definitely need to share this over on Diaspora -- and I'd love to see more about your coffee mise en place! How do you have the machines layed out, did you add stuff like a pitcher rinser, etc etc.

DucaiMann

Postby DucaiMann » Aug 09, 2019, 4:47 pm

blkswn wrote:I've seen your progress periodically on instagram and wow the final product is beautiful. Wishing you all the best with the business.

Thank you! It was such a fun project and now I didn't realize how much I was going to enjoy serving others coffee in the space. It's a blast!

samuellaw178
Team HB

Postby samuellaw178 » Aug 09, 2019, 5:41 pm

Wow, this is absolutely amazing. I am not even sure what impresses me more - your skills in restoration in general or the level of dedication to see this through to completion, all in the span of four months! Your partner also deserved the credits for being so supportive throughout this major, and probably life-changing, project/decision!

Thanks for sharing and all the best with your endeavours. Only if Austin is closer!

DucaiMann

Postby DucaiMann » replying to samuellaw178 » Aug 12, 2019, 8:35 pm

She sure is. Thank you for the support. Keep your eyes on your mailbox!

happycat

Postby happycat » Aug 14, 2019, 10:30 pm

DucaiMann wrote:I did not. Most of the debt I accrued is on credit cards. Not a smart way to go, but I didn't want to have to slow down to think about money and I was/am confident I will have most of that debt paid off in 6 months or so.

Thanks for reading!

I assume you have a LLC + insurance (you need insurance because some doofus will have an accident and you don't want it to ruin your life)

I would convert the credit card debt ASAP... friends & family & angel investors are sources of $ (in return for shares in the LLC), also small business loan or line of credit secured by a guarantor and/or mortgage on the commercial land would all be ways to pay off the cards right away and save all that interest. Shares don't have to be voting.

Get the debt into the LLC, sell all the equipment to the LLC, and start expensing. No sense in bearing the debt burden personally at 21% or whatnot. You also have the opportunity to do income splitting... any income coming out of the business can be divided up amongst people working for the business to take advantage of lower tax rates.

Maybe you already know all this.

Best of luck!
LMWDP #603